🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Removal of recommendation rate given by c...
Page options
nasir-tuqeer
Community Member

Removal of recommendation rate given by client

Hi all. My client was new to upwork. I have done his job seccussfully. He was very much satisfied. He gave me 5 star rating in all but he was not aware of 'Recommendatoin to other'. So my JSS count the recommendation as '0' and it drop my JSS. So if I remove that feedback. It will also remove the recommendation ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Nothing can be done about it. Private feedback is a one-shot deal. Just move on.

eta: oh my bad, you are TR. You can use the TR perk to remove it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
lysis10
Community Member

Nothing can be done about it. Private feedback is a one-shot deal. Just move on.

eta: oh my bad, you are TR. You can use the TR perk to remove it.

somewhere I read that it will only remove the public feedback means only the comment and rating given by client but not the private feedback like recommendation. I want remove the recommendation because he just did not given the recommendation by mistake. 

If I remove, It will also remove the recommendation given by him?

Yes, it's all taken out of the calculation.

tlsanders
Community Member

Is that even possible? I am pretty sure that when I close a job, I'm forced to answer that question.

Tiffany S wrote:

Is that even possible? I am pretty sure that when I close a job, I'm forced to answer that question.

lol it's not. I'm guessing this is an example of freelancer harassing the client so they just say whatever to get them to go away. lol  But he's TR so he can have it removed anyway. He's at 91% so I think a 1 star would have dropped him to below 90%, so the client was probably not too happy and rated him maybe like a 6. Either the freelancer is lying in their post or the client lied to get him to go away.

Lol, why would I lie here? If this is my concern what am I doing here. Think smartly

She was asked to give recommendation but she did knew about it's importance and she ignored that.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Nasir, just FYI, the clients who would recommend you stat doesn't update after every contract.
It updates after a certain unknown number of contracts have been completed.
So you can't really know for sure exactly what contract caused the stat to drop or stay the same.

I did only one contract from previous ranking to new one so I know which contract cause this issue and accepted she didn't cared about rating by mistake

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nasir, 

To add to what Jennifer has shared, you may want to refer to this help article for more information about the Top Rated Feedback Removal Perk. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths