Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Hourly Criteria from Fixed Jobs

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
21 of 26

@Valeria K wrote:

....while the job posting was for hourly job, the client made an offer for fixed-price job because you asked him to during the interview. Offer can have different terms from the job posting. There was no active hourly contract and therefore no need to end and rehire.

Please, let me know if this explanation makes sense....

Valeria,

Sure, that explanation makes perfect sense. So why isn't that the answer to the question about converting to fixed price jobs?

Freelancers:

If you bid on an hourly job that you and your client agree can be handled on a fixed-price basis, ask your client to make an offer specifying the terms you have agreed upon in the interview.

Clients:

If a contractor you like responds to an hourly job and proposes it be converted to fixed-price, and you are able to come to agreeable terms, you can specify the agreed-upon terms when you make your offer.

Simple. No "You can't!" No "You have to go 'round Robin Hood's barn!" No "If you feel like it..."

You're welcome.

Thanks and best,

Michael

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 26

Hi Michael,

It appeared to me that the original question was about changing an active contract from hourly to fixed-price, which is possible ony after ending the contract and re-hiring the freelancer. Note that only after the offer is sent and accepted, the client and freelancer have a contract. 

I am sorry that I misunderstood that you and Nichola were talking about the interview and the job offer stage of the hiring process.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
23 of 26

@Valeria,

I'm not criticizing you. We all misunderstand things from time to time.

My point is, why isn't the site documented in a way that reflects how it really works?

To whom do I address such a concern?

Thanks and best,

Michael

Community Guru
24 of 26

Thanks, Valeria!

"If you'd like to go from an hourly to fixed-price contract, simply end the hourly job and rehire the freelancer to a fixed-price contract. If you choose to do so, please discuss the new payment terms with your freelancer beforehand to avoid any surprises." (emphasis added)

Sigh. I don't think I'll be sharing that particular page with any prospect.

Best,

Michael

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
25 of 26
Michael,

You are forgetting the part where the client has to answer "was the contract completed successfully?" and "would you recommend?"

What would a reasonable response be to those two questions - that would not shatter your JS score?
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
26 of 26

Which MIchael, Setu? And what client?

Best, 

D. Michael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS