🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Remove Test canned Question
Page options
florydev
Community Member

Remove Test canned Question

I am not sure I have ever asked for UW to change something but...

Why is there still a canned question for clients about what Upwork tests you have taken that are relevant to this project if Upwork tests no longer exist?

I just proposed a project that had that question so I know it is still available, can someone please get rid of it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I just wanted to circle back and confirm that the question about tests has been removed from the job posting form. You shouldn't see any new job postings with that question anymore.

Thanks again for the conversation!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

It will take them 18 months to do this.
Another bug, the Dispute bug, where the dispute flag continues to show many, many months after dispute was resolved, has been waiting in line for a long time.

You can expect that after they fix that one they'll now come to your own 😉

They should get rid of all those questions, most of them are silly, to say it softly.

Anyway, I guess there are more important things they should focus on. i.e. to stop that non-sense "If you want to update your portfolio first create a specialized profile."

Well I would hope this is just data somewhere, it's not a bug, it was once a relevant question (I guess).

Now removing all the canned questions would be nice because they are tedious and I am not sure they help anyone.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

We're aware of this issue and planning to remove those questions shortly. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
elitegra
Community Member

Does it really take that much time for the developers to remove these questions now these skill tests have been removed? That is hard to believe. 

How should we answer these questions? That skill tests are now not available and Upwork does not have the time to remove these questions? 

Thanks for sharing this issue.. We are already feedup with the paid connects and then these quetions are asked by client..There is no meaning having these questions in your data.. Kindly remove the questions asap.. 

petra_r
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Why is there still a canned question for clients about what Upwork tests you have taken that are relevant to this project if Upwork tests no longer exist?

If you've taken the relevant test say yes and link to the screenshot of the test results you took before they were all killed off.

The question asks if you took it. If you did, say yes. If you didn't, you didn't.

The question is not "Did you take the test and is it still showing on your profile?"

😉

florydev
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Mark F wrote:

If you've taken the relevant test say yes and link to the screenshot of the test results you took before they were all killed off.

The question asks if you took it. If you did, say yes. If you didn't, you didn't.

The question is not "Did you take the test and is it still showing on your profile?"

😉

That's way better than my answer.  I didn't take any of the tests, the tests are dumb Smiley Tongue

Lol @ y'all.
The question is, "Have you taken", not, "Did you take"?
There's a difference between these two kinds of past tense.

If only the devs could do their jobs, we wouldn't be having this kind of discussion 😉

And how on Mars can I take a screenshot of a test result that's been wiped out?

Again, I doubt this is a dev guy problem, because I am a dev guy and I am guessing it is more of a decision delay problem.

Abinadab A wrote:

The question is, "Have you taken", not, "Did you take"?
There's a difference between these two kinds of past tense.

Not really. At least, not in this context. "have you taken this test?" means "Did you ever take this test?" which is identical in content (if not form) to "Did you take this test?"

Mark F wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Mark F wrote:

😉

That's way better than my answer.  I didn't take any of the tests, the tests are dumb Smiley Tongue

I used to say "I have taken and done well on the X and Y tests, but honestly, these tests are at such a rudimentary level that they are in no way reflective of the skills needed to successfully complete your project and I would recommend against using them as a qualifier."

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I just wanted to circle back and confirm that the question about tests has been removed from the job posting form. You shouldn't see any new job postings with that question anymore.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks Valeria!

Yay.

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but prevailed in the end.

Preston H wrote:

Yay.

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but prevailed in the end.

Apparently you just have to ask nicely.

There was a moment though where I thought all canned questions were going...that would have been nice.  I always want to respond back with "what are you going to ask next, my favorite color?"

Mark F wrote:

....There was a moment though where I thought all canned questions were going...that would have been nice.  I always want to respond back with "what are you going to ask next, my favorite color?"

Blue! No, yelloooooooooowwww!

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

....There was a moment though where I thought all canned questions were going...that would have been nice.  I always want to respond back with "what are you going to ask next, my favorite color?"

Blue! No, yelloooooooooowwww!

Not the movie line I was going for ... but awesome all the same!

download (7).jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths