cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove auto-hidden feature

Highlighted
Anil K Member Since: Sep 9, 2010
1 of 8
Hi I am a provider as well as a client here on oDesk. I have been looking for an IOS programmer for these past 3 weeks. I have received around 70 applications. It is very difficult for me to go through all the individual profiles and also review their respective cover letters. I thus relied on the oDesk feature where they shortlist some while spamming (auto hidden) other applications/profiles. I would have assumed that the oDesk algorithm has shortlisted the best candidates for me. But to my shock, I saw that the candidates that were prescribed to me as the "best ones" had written a pathetic cover letter. Even their profiles (some of them) had a rating of under 4 Stars. Where as some candidates with a past rating of 5 Stars had been auto hidden. I have found that the candidates that were Auto-hidden were infact better than the ones that oDesk had shortlisted for me. I would like to know the thought of the oDesk users regarding this. I strongly recommend that this feature/algorithm should be removed from oDesk with immediate effect. Would love to hear from you!! Thanks for reading.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 8
Hi Anil, You're not the first person to have this opinion. We've been discussing this feature in great detail. See below https://www.odesk.com/community/node/34371
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 8
oDesk just refuse to accept that the feature is ineffective and doesn't achieve what it's meant to achieve. After months and months of discussion it's an issue that is unique on here (and probably on any forum board anywhere...) - in that it is universally disliked and rejected. But oDesk keep telling us that it does work really, and refuse to accept that it was a good idea that just isn't going to work, and should be dumped even at this late stage.
Highlighted
4 of 8
Hi Stepehen, I would like to update you that as per my recent chat with odesk support ( Live chat) they have admitted that this algorithm, sorting of received application ( Auto hidden, recommended , ranking) etc having a bug and their technical team is working on it. I recommend that this feature should be removed from odesk . I believe that is all the freelancer approach together to odesk then they will take action. Thanks
Highlighted
5 of 8
Hi Michele, Thanks for time for reading the post. Can you please advice how we can over come with this issue . Have the situation improved at your end & if not we need to talk with odesk Thanks
Highlighted
Rashmi P Member Since: Nov 12, 2013
6 of 8
Yes auto hidden is pathetic service by odesk. People with good feedbacks cant even get jobs now a days
Highlighted
7 of 8
Thanks Rashmi . we are also suffering a huge loss from this feature. we request odesk team to remove this feature . Odesk can make this feature similar to Elance . You can see the below screen shot bellow screenshot of Elance Employer Dashboard http://www.screencast.com/t/lwoxN6ROmCE The employer has got the option to choose the application/contractor profile and perform functions like: - Hide - Mark as Spam - Report Violation Current AUTO HIDE FEATURE is AUTO BOT .
Highlighted
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
8 of 8
[quote=Anil Khanna]Odesk can make this feature similar to Elance . You can see the below screen shot bellow screenshot of Elance Employer Dashboard http://www.screencast.com/t/lwoxN6ROmCE The employer has got the option to choose the application/contractor profile and perform functions like: - Hide - Mark as Spam - Report Violation[/quote] oDesk already has these features.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS