🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Remove my client account
Page options
hebaabuelrous
Community Member

Remove my client account

Hello,

How can I remove my client account as I don't use it, I want to keep working as a freelancer and I am afraid keeping my client account may affect me in receiving invitations?

Best regards,

Heba A.

28 REPLIES 28
dataextract
Community Member

Heba A wrote:

I am afraid keeping my client account may affect me in receiving invitations?

How?

When clients post a job, some click on "freelancer only'', Won't that affect me if I have two accounts?

I think it is the option for agencies & freelancers. Not at all related with client account. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heba,

Your Client part of the account was closed as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you

Hello Bojan,

I have the same problem. Can you remove my client account too, BlessyMe is the name of the account? I will just stay as a freelancer. Thank you. 

Hi Lea,

Your client profile has been closed as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for taking action regarding my request.

God bless! Keep safe.

Hello. Can you remove my client account? I am new to upwork, I register it the wrong way, should be freelancer. And I want to remove my client's account and keep the freelancer's account. Can you help me please? Thank you.

Hi Arlene,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I closed your Client account as per your request. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b362a549
Community Member

I also have multiple client accounts that have been mistakenly opened with the same email address and the same name. I'm afraid that if there is a bug in your system and I close one it will close the main one too and remove all my job posting history that I need. Is there a way to solve this problem?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Andre,

Could you please confirm which account you would like to keep? You can refer to your accounts as numbers: 1, 2, 3 etc. And let me know which one from the drop down menu you would like to be left open. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would like to keep accounts 1, 2 and 3 in the list
That is namely
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please ensure the **Edited for Community Guidelines** client that is kept is the one with all the job postings (if you are able to see this information)
In my drop down list, it’s the third one down after **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Andre,

Your accounts (with numbers 4 and 5) are now closed. If further help is needed, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Great thank you

Goran V wrote:

Hi Andre,

Your accounts (with numbers 4 and 5) are now closed. If further help is needed, let me know. Thank you.

Are clients allowed to have multiple accounts?!?!

Phyllis G wrote:

Goran V wrote:

Hi Andre,

Under the same account, yes. As stand-alone accounts, no.

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Goran V wrote:

Hi Andre,

In that case, when I look at a client's history (other open jobs, feedback history, etc.) am I seeing all of their history across all their accounts, or only what is associated with the account used to post that job I'm considering?

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Goran V wrote:

Hi Andre,

In that case, when I look at a client's history (other open jobs, feedback history, etc.) am I seeing all of their history across all their accounts, or only what is associated with the account used to post that job I'm considering?

I think (but am fuzzy on that) you see all the money paid, but only the contracts and feedback under that client account. But I may be mixing that up with Teams which has a similar effect. Sorry, not 100% sure.

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Goran V wrote:

Hi Andre,

I think (but am fuzzy on that) you see all the money paid, but only the contracts and feedback under that client account. But I may be mixing that up with Teams which has a similar effect. Sorry, not 100% sure.

So, less transparency than I had assumed. I'd very much like to understand the rationale that drives letting clients have multiple accounts, especially if one effect is that a FL can't fully vet them before tying up with them.

Hi,

I would also like my client account closed. Thank you for your help with this!

Jim Miesner

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jim,

Before we can assist you with closing your client account, please close all contracts currently active under it. Once you do, feel free to reach back to us and we'll gladly assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
082b9750
Community Member

Hello, may I requestclosing my client account as well, please? I only like to have/retain my freelancer account please. Thank you

Hi Cath,

Thank you for your message. Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9483eff4
Community Member

Hello, may I request closing my Client account, please? I only want to keep my Freelancer account. Thank you!

Hi Justin,

You got it! Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
qureshirizwan
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Can you please help in removing my client account. I just want to work as a freelancer.

Regards,

Rizwan

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for reaching out. Your client profile is now closed as requested.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members