Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed from Top Rated for Mysterious Reasons

searchwiz
Ace Contributor
Mark B Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
1 of 12

The other day my money earned profile status reached $10,000. Then the very next day, my Top Rated number went down 5 points and my Top Rated status was revoked without any SPECIFIC reason being given.

I want to find out the exact, specific reason my Top Rated status has been revoked (that it why it went from an already rather mysterious 92% to an 87%) with nothing but stellar public feedback and ongoing project work from satisfied clients. The more clients and positive feedback I get, the lower it seems to go.

Something smells really fishy.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 12

ah that word mysterious. It's a good change from the "no reason." Since you dropped to 87%, you lost it. You have to maintain 90%+ to keep it

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 12

oh and whatever contract went bad and you refunded or whatever (if you refunded), then use the top rated perk to have it removed. Just google "top rated perk remove feedback site:upwork.com" and you'll find instructions

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear your Top Rated status was removed. Please note that having a 90% Job Success Score is one of the main requirements for maintaining the TR status. I see you already communicated with our Customer Support team so please follow up on the same ticket if you have any other questions. I'll also ask our team to follow up and share more information with you.

As Jennifer mentioned, you can still use the feedback removal option by following the steps shared in this Help article.

Untitled
searchwiz
Ace Contributor
5 of 12

Hi Vladimir,

As I said, I'm aware of the score trigger for removal, just not why the score went down suddenly. Yes, I spoke to CS, but they didn't give me any specific reasons whatsoever for the score going down, either, which is why I am posting here.

How can I remove a feedback if I'm no longer Top Rated? Also, I never recall ever hearing about this before now.

searchwiz
Ace Contributor
6 of 12

When I look at the contracts page, I only see two contracts listed, when it must be more than twenty or so. I did try toggling the checkbox, but no difference results in the number of contracts displayed.

Edit: I see 11 contracts listed just on the UpWork profile page alone, and possibly more, counting Elance, which is where most of my projects are from. Also note: I had never not been top rated until now. I suspect it could only possibly have to do with a technical error, perhaps (?) since it happened at about the exact time that I got a notice saying I that had reached the 10,000 total earned marker.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 12

As soon as your JSS drops below 90% you are no longer top rated. none of that has anything to do with your 10k earnings at all. You can only be top rated when your JSS is more than 90%

searchwiz
Ace Contributor
8 of 12

Yes I know the score trigger exists, I'm saying that CS can't/won't seem to address the reason why the score went down. My current 1 ongoing client seems to be satisfied with me, and there has been no other client in the past several months. I have good feedback, many certifications (the ones UpWork bestows, the others UpWork won't add). My earnings hit 10K a couple of days ago. 24 hours later I was demoted 5 points from 92% to 87%. It doesn't add up.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 12

Hi Mark,

Please note that we can't share specific details about the impact your contracts have on your Job Success score. Our team will follow up and share more general information regarding your contracts and the was your score is calculated. 

Untitled
searchwiz
Ace Contributor
10 of 12

Thanks, Vladimir!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS