🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing Billing Method
Page options
shamimdev
Community Member

Removing Billing Method

Hi,

I'm new here in Upwork also in this Community. I would like to upgrade my membership Basic to Plus. The queries are, Can I use my mom's credit card or I'm able to use Payoneer Mastercard?  If can do then is it possible to remove the card after billing?

Thanks

Shamim

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

you can't remove your only billing method.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
rahman_ashfaqur
Community Member

Hello Shamim,

You can use your payoneer card or any other credit or debit card to upgrade your membership.

If you have available funds on Upwork. The membership fee will be deducted from your Upwork balance.

Kindly let me know, if you could upgrade your membership.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the clarification.

The another query was Can I remove Card from the Billing Method?

Hi Md Shamim,

Thank you for your question. To remove a billing method please follow these steps:

You can find more information about editing your billing methods in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks Nikola

I followed the article regarding Removing Billing Method. I think should have primary billing method. I may able to remove only additional Billing Method not Primary one, am I right? If that happen I should be able to remove Primary Billing Method also.

Md.Shamim

you can't remove your only billing method.

Hi Md Shamim,

Thank you for following up. To remove a primary billing method, add an alternative billing method, then set it as your primary billing method first. Then you should be able to remove the billing method that you are referring to. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks again Nikola.

All things are clear to me.

Md. Shamim

be2f120b
Community Member

Hello. Where I can remove my card information.??
You guys need my billing address, it's fine..
But why the hell I am not able to remove my only card details. ? This is not legal in many country. Without my will how can you save the details here permanently. Is the closer of account is the only solution?? . If no then give me a valid reason. Why I trust you. I get you service. I pay for it .. that's it . Why the hell you saving my card details ?? This is pure harassment. You guys should be penalized for harrasment and creating the mentally disturbance As I am looking to remove my details but can't able to find out from last 2hr.
petra_r
Community Member

vishal s wrote:
 Is the closer of account is the only solution?? 

Yes. You can't remove the only billing method from an Upwork account.

vishal s wrote:
 Why the hell you saving my card details ?? This is pure harassment. You guys should be penalized for harrasment and creating the mentally disturbance

There is no harassment and I am sorry to hear that you are mentally disturbed. If you want to remove the card details, you can close your account, provided there are no outstanding or upcoming charges.

be2f120b
Community Member

Hi,
I am making allegations (on company) not personal comment. So better watch your word while hitting a reply or commenting personal.
If you are patron of upwork, do give justified reason. This will help others, who are searching for the same answer. This way you can genuinely contribute in this community. Otherwise bragging all day won't make any difference here.

Hi Vishal,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you,

Update: One of our agents will reach out to you directly, Vishal, with more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Man, thank God I put some brakes on before disclosing my credit card information. The same thing you are asking Upwork to justify is what I have been asking them before I will add any information. It is pure arm twisting to keep client confidential information. Once I pay for a work, I the primary onwer should have the right to immediately delete the payment information if I choose to do so and not up to Upwork to put me through legal and wording jargons. Might not use the site simply because of this problem, will try another competitor like freelance.com and see. I wonder why most people simply just take it as they are told and not question something which is obviously wrong!

12af85ec
Community Member

Hi there, I have created a new account on Upwork. Initially, I didn't have a VISA card so I added my mother's card in the billing sections. I have got my own card now so I want to use that but Upwork is telling me to verify the first card's ID. 

Should I upload my mother's ID doc on Upwork to verify? The best solution is to allow me to add my own credit card, which I could verify using my own ID doc.

Thanks

Hi Sadia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you've removed the billing method you're referring to. Yes, you can use someone else's account as a billing method as long as you're authorized to use it. That said, our team will reach out to verify that you are an authorized user of the billing method.

You may check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Ghazanfar A wrote:

No you cannot use someone else card,  You have to use that card which should have same name as your account has. 

Wrong.

You can use a billing method that is in someone else's name with their permission. You are not allowed to withdraw to any withdrawal method that is not in your name

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members