🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing Negative feedback from my profile.
Page options
ahtasam1997
Community Member

Removing Negative feedback from my profile.

Hi,
I recently got a negative review and would like to remove it from showing on my profile. I have already refunded the amount. How long before the review is removed from my profile?
17 REPLIES 17
PradeepH

Hello Ahtasam, 

It may take up to 12 hours for your feedback to be removed from your work history on your Upwork profile after you refund your client.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep, will wait till 12 hours and see if it is removed or not.

Hi Pradeep, 

12 hours have passed after the 100% refund but the feedback is still available on my public profile. What can be the issue? 

Ahtasam A wrote:

Hi Pradeep, 

12 hours have passed after the 100% refund but the feedback is still available on my public profile. What can be the issue? 

Simply wait! It often takes up to a couple of days for the payment to be processed back to the client and it's the weekend.

Hi Ahtasam,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks. Got my answer 👍

Hi Ahtasham,

I also got my first bad review. how can I get that bad review vanished from my profile?

should have I refund all of the money?

Can Any member from Upwork help me?

Hi Abubakr, you can get the feedback removed from your profile by refunding all the amount. However, the effect on JSS would still be taken into account.

okay got it.

will it affect my JSS if I submit any job successfully and the client gets busy after approving the amount without giving me the feedback?

A job completed successfully with no feedback wouldn't effect your JSS. However, you should ask the client to leave feedback (if you expect it to be positive) as it will help in building your profile.

so asking for feedback is okay? means will it breach Upwork's terms and conditions?

A gentle reminder like "Hi, it was great working with you. It would be highly appreciated if you could spare few minutes and leave a feedback for the job". Is within Upwork policy. However, you shouldn't be forcing a client to only leave positive feedback.

oh. This means If someone specifically asks someone to leave positive feedback then it would be considered as breaching upwork's terms and conditions.

if a client gives you feedback then after how many days it will appear on someone's profile?

Hi Abubakar,

Please allow a few hours for new feedback to show on your profile.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Andrea.

Abubakar A wrote:

so asking for feedback is okay? means will it breach Upwork's terms and conditions?

In general, it is far more professional to never even mention feedback, and instead encourage the clien to end the conract. If the client ends the contract, you are guaranteed feedback, which is why it is better to do that rather than ending the contract yourself as  the freelancer.

Asking for feedback is not against the terms of service, but many clients think it somewhat unprofessional behaviour. I agree with them.

Thank You, Petra for your precious guidance.

Actually, My second client was busy and I wanted to give him a review because I enjoyed working with him.

So I ended the contract.

And moreover, I have learnt that a freelancer should never end the contract first.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members