🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing Payment Methods
Page options
utmostquality
Community Member

Removing Payment Methods

Hey Guys,

I had an unusual question for whoever can answer.

I might be moving to another location in the next few months.
The process involves closing down my bank account at my current location and opening a new one to where I move.
Because of all the paperwork involved I believe it would take like a month to set up the new bank account.

So is it possible to do the following:
1. Remove current and only payment method(Local transfer to bank)
2. Move to new location while continuing work
3. Open new bank account within a month and add new payment method

So essentially I won't have a payment method linked to my upwork account for about a month while earnings from my work might still be coming in.

So can I leave the funds in my upwork account for like a month and then withdraw later? Amount would be anywhere between 1-10k USD.

Thanks,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jaideep,

You won't have any problems with your earnings if they are on your Upwork account for a month or so. Don't forget to update your automated payment schedule and also remove your payment method so that your funds are not pushed to your preferred payment method automatically.
Once your new payment method is created, you can add it to your account and withdraw your earnings. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jaideep,

You won't have any problems with your earnings if they are on your Upwork account for a month or so. Don't forget to update your automated payment schedule and also remove your payment method so that your funds are not pushed to your preferred payment method automatically.
Once your new payment method is created, you can add it to your account and withdraw your earnings. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran,

Very Helpful!

where can I set my payment methods?? I can´t see that option

Hi Aristides,

You can go to Settings > Get paid to set up your payment methods. You can see this article for more information on the options you have. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33e266a4
Community Member

I have sent many proposals but didn't get any response from  from upwork  should i send  proposal or not should you close the account 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths