🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Removing a unjust review by an abusive cl...
Page options
squarevault
Community Member

Removing a unjust review by an abusive client

I have recently dealt with a client where he kept moving the goalpost until the project was impossible, literally. I worked for months handling each request professionally and verifying the quality of the work in chat and on phone calls. As the total cost began to creep up the client began making outlandish requests. I knew we needed to wrap up before the feature creep got out of control. I continued working on the project without billing the customer on multiple iterations to try and make him happy (since I could tell the total spend was starting to upset him even though he agreed on the rate, hours, and work as we went along). Ultimately, he ended up asking for impossible tasks like "hand enter 80 product SKUs per hour into WooCommerce (more than 1 complete entry per minute) with the detail and polish of Amazon, or else"... 

I told the customer that wasn't possible and offered to continue working for free until the current and agreed upon tasks were complete and he was happy or give him a partial refund. He demanded a full refund on months of work he had complete control over (which he is still using). When I offered other solutions he terminated the contract and decimated my perfect 100% success record and a perfect 5-star rating to "deal damage" to my business.

I would like to have the complete Upwork chat log reviewed by an employee at Upwork as the basis for the removal of this negative review from my record.

In a time when COVID is taking people's livelihoods, this negative and unjust review has hurt my ability to get work on this platform. The algorithm shows me less and clients look at my profile less. I have worked very hard over the years to keep a perfect score. I have never worked with a client as ridiculous as this in over 24 years.

Please help and thank you in advance for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
dashas
Community Member

Nathan, if you are Top Rated, you have the option of removing the feedback from this client from your profile and your JSS. You should chat with support and they'll help you do that in a matter of minutes.

Not sure what the procedure is is you're not Top Rated.

Hi Dragana!

Thank you for your reply. I no longer see the Top Rated badge on my account. (Maybe as a result of this client's review, but I'm not sure.) Looks like I'll need some employee assistance.

Hi Nathan,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this concern. Please check this help article for more information about the perk available to Top Rated talent. If you meet all the requirements follow the instruction shared within the help article and submit your request to remove the client's feedback. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths