🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing person from message room
Page options
f54ef47b
Community Member

Removing person from message room

Hello, UpWork Moderators and Community Members

Condition: Freelancer AB was joined as an agency member in Agency XY. Freelancer AB received messages and in that Business Manager PQ joined the message room. After some time Agency XY removed Freelancer AB from work and disassociated from Agency XY but in some messages there was Business Manager PQ was joined and Owner of Agency XY that is Business Manager LM was having admin rights.

Q1) Can Business Manager PQ remove Freelancer AB from the conversation room which was received on Freelancer AB account or delete client message from that room?

Q2) If Freelancer AB receives new messages, will Business Manager PQ or Business Manager LM will be notified?

Q3) Can Freelancer AB remove Business Manager PQ from conversations and Business Manager LM from admin rights or block without notifying them?

Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Haj,

Roles on teams are not related to roles on Rooms. The agency owner and admin of the Room can remove members. When the user is removed from the room, the message "user left the room" is shown. Regarding your concern notifications, yes, if the contract is under the agency, both the agency admin and business manager can receive a notification. Thank you.
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Haj,

Roles on teams are not related to roles on Rooms. The agency owner and admin of the Room can remove members. When the user is removed from the room, the message "user left the room" is shown. Regarding your concern notifications, yes, if the contract is under the agency, both the agency admin and business manager can receive a notification. Thank you.
~ Joanne
Upwork
b01f2455
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

Previosuly I was working under an agency and their contracts. Now I have been removed from that agency and I have also removed that agency/person from the Chat room of all the contracts. So would Agency also get & view the new messages now though I have removed him now?

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your message. Your agency members will not be able to access the new messages if they are already removed from the chatroom.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths