cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Removing review after winning arbitrage

Ace Contributor
Alexander S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
1 of 68

I had a client who unfairly did not pay for my work (funds were in escrow) and left a negative review (again, unfairly), so I went to arbitrage (the real arbitrage when you pay about $300 for the proceedings) and just received a message saying I've won it. My questions is whether it is possible to remove a review if I won the arbitrage? It seems like an obvious next step (basically, I've proven the review was wrong) but I don't see any mechanism how I could do it (assuming I don't have a top-rated perk and I don't want to refund all the money paid to remove a public review)

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 68

You can use your Top Rated Perk to remove both the Public and the Private feedback. 

Ace Contributor
3 of 68

There should be an exception for the cases when you've won the arbitrage. It just doesn't make sense otherwise...

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

There should be an exception for the cases when you've won the arbitrage. It just doesn't make sense otherwise...

I agree 100% but that's the way it is here. To use your Top Rated perk, 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 68

I can see why you would like an exception. But there is not.

Arbitration is a sort of safety valve.

But let's be very clear about something:

Upwork DOES NOT WANT its users to have disputes or go to arbitration.

Yes, these are options they provide, but they would prefer nobody ever use these options. I doubt they want to entirely eliminate the discomfort from participating in these things.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 68

Fair enough. Upwork is losing money on arbitrage, so they're not interested in it. I wish they did at least some kind of mark, showing a freelances had won an arbitrage for this contract. Otherwise it's ridiculous, I even can not change my reply now after I won the arbitrage because I responses long time ago

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 68

Hi Alexander, 

I checked your account and can see that your ticket for this dispute is still open. Are you referring to Ticket #23526731? Let me know so that I can look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
8 of 68

Yes, the ticket number is correct

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 68

Hi Alexander, 

It looks like arbitration is still in progress. You should hear back from the team once a decision has been made through your support ticket. 

I have also asked the team for more information about your concern about the contract's feedback, and I'll get back to you once I have more information.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
10 of 68

On adr.com (the independent company making an arbitrage itself) my case is shown closed and I'm assigned as a "winner" (I've also received a confirmation message). I suppose there's a delay before they pass results to Upwork

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS