Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Removing review after winning arbitrage

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 68

ARBITRATION

not arbitrage

It takes a few days for the money to go into your account. Also, just google "top rated perk" and use it to kill the rating. The last time I did it, it took about 20 minutes for them to kill the review.

eta: this stuff works on business days too, so you won't see the money until next week. Like maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Alexander S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
12 of 68

Unfortunately I don't have a perk right now and frankly even if I had it I would not like to waste it on this review as I've proven (with my money and time) that it was unfair and it seems natural to me these kind of reviews should be automatically removed as soon as an arbitrage process is done. I believe this scenario is very unusual (may be 1 out of 10k jobs), so people who are saying this is impossible might not be aware about this specific scenario (we'll figure it out when there's feedback from Upwork team)

Community Guru
13 of 68

They're not gonna remove it. It is what it is at this point. It's not the end of the world. If you have any dead contracts, close them and it'll move the review down the page.

Ace Contributor
14 of 68

I understand it is very unlikely but somewhere in the middle of Upwork rules it says a review might be removed under specific conditions if it was found out the review was unfair (I believe it is done at least for clients who consistently leave negative reviews). It's definitely not the end of the world for me but I consider it unfair and taking my best chance by making it public

Ace Contributor
15 of 68

By the way, could anyone reference me to a similar discussion? I haven't found a discussion of this kind of case, that's what gave me hope in the first place

Community Guru
16 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

By the way, could anyone reference me to a similar discussion? I haven't found a discussion of this kind of case, that's what gave me hope in the first place

If you want to kill some time, go back into my history to 2015 and I have a 1 star pretty terrible review, and I'm still here.

Community Guru
17 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

I understand it is very unlikely but somewhere in the middle of Upwork rules it says a review might be removed under specific conditions if it was found out the review was unfair (I believe it is done at least for clients who consistently leave negative reviews). It's definitely not the end of the world for me but I consider it unfair and taking my best chance by making it public

The feedback that shows doesn't meet their conditions. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

somewhere in the middle of Upwork rules it says a review might be removed under specific conditions if it was found out the review was unfair

It says no such thing. They occasionally remove wording if the client uses obscene or racist etc words.

"Fair" does not come into it.

Ace Contributor
19 of 68

I yet to see Upwork's support staff publicly saying in a thread like this they don't remove a review even if you won an external arbitrage which legally approves misbehaviour on the client's side

Community Guru
20 of 68

well considering you don't know the difference between arbitrage and arbitration, maybe they just choose not to say anything and let you find out from your ticket

it's not happening, brotha

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS