cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Removing review after winning arbitrage

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
61 of 68

I don't think banks give back money during a dispute though. It's why you (general you) don't want to use a debit card or if you're a victim of identity theft where someone goes to your bank and empties your account, you have to wait for the fraud people to get your money back. That's why it's better to use a credit card online. If the number gets stolen, you're not out any money during a dispute.

I'm in the US though, so maybe things work differently in other countries.

Ace Contributor
Alexander S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
62 of 68

I did not expect this whole situation to get any worse but here we go Smiley Happy

I just noticed clients stopped responding on my proposals. It was very suspicious as I'm #1 in Upwork's rating in my field, so people respond to me a lot (i. e. my "you were interviewed" stat was at 100% for a while). First, I've noticed "you were hired" and "you were viewed" dropped and it was strange but I found out "your profile was discovered" was at zero. I could explain a slight drop due to the negative review but it could not drop as much. My theory is that I was shadow banned (or something along those lines).

Screenshot 2019-02-27 14.54.14.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
63 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

I did not expect this whole situation to get any worse but here we go Smiley Happy

I just noticed clients stopped responding on my proposals. It was very suspicious as I'm #1 in Upwork's rating in my field, so people respond to me a lot (i. e. my "you were interviewed" stat was at 100% for a while). First, I've noticed "you were hired" and "you were viewed" dropped and it was strange but I found out "your profile was discovered" was at zero. I could explain a slight drop due to the negative review but it could not drop as much. My theory is that I was shadow banned (or something along those lines).

Screenshot 2019-02-27 14.54.14.png

You might have missed this thread.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
64 of 68

You're not shadowbanned or anything of the sort, it is a bug that makes the stat show 0 - we are all "flatlining" on that graph, so unless we are all shadowbanned, this is not one of your issues.

Ace Contributor
65 of 68

Great to know, thanks! I got a little paranoid after all this mess Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
66 of 68

I've got some good news guys Smiley HappyScreenshot 2019-02-28 00.52.55.png

Ace Contributor
67 of 68

We've had a nice theory of jss effect of the review to get removed after the clients gets banned for committing fraud but it doesn't seem to be the case. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case. It was updated this Sunday but the effect is still there

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
68 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

We've had a nice theory of jss effect of the review to get removed after the clients gets banned for committing fraud but it doesn't seem to be the case. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case. It was updated this Sunday but the effect is still there

CONGRATS on getting paid and it is good to know Upwork fights chargebacks (which are difficult to win.)

I would suggest you keep fighting the JSS drop as the client is suspended and fraudulent, so if you are sure that this is the contract that caused the drop, push for it to be excluded.

That said, your JSS is 95%, which is high. Concentrate on closing a few contracts (maybe go for a few smaller ones that complete quickly) to push the feedback down the page. In 3 months the thing will fall out of your 6 month window and be just a bad memory.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS