Removing review after winning arbitrage

Ace Contributor
Alexander S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
21 of 68

I don't see how you being rude about people's typos is a constructive input

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
22 of 68

This blog is no different than any other Alexander - lots of people with lots of opinions, only some of which are useful or even relevant. Smarmy and condescending is just the way some people approach life.

The primary goal of the feedback system on Upwork is not meant to be "fair." Being "fair" would require more hands-on activity on Upwork's end, and Upwork isn't looking to create more expenses considering the company is reporting big losses to its shareholders.

At the vary least, Upwork could add a tally on each client's and freelancre profile showing how many projects they've been involved in that involved a refund request enforced/imposed by Upwork and how often the client or freelancer has been involved in arbitration, canceled projects, etc. It might happen for freelancers, but it's hard to imagine Upwork would introduce any information that reflects badly on clients or reduces freelancers' willingness to work with them. It just wouldn't be good business. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
23 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

I yet to see Upwork's support staff publicly saying in a thread like this they don't remove a review even if you won an external arbitrage which legally approves misbehaviour on the client's side

A.R.B.I.T.R.A.T.I.O.N

Not "arbitrage"

Leave it be. Feedback is not removed just because you won arbitration.

It's been confirmed again and again, but nobody will go through a few tens of thousands of posts for you.

You got paid.

The End.

Ace Contributor
24 of 68

I've gone through hundreds of posts about removing reviews and none of them was about a case like this (I'm open to be corrected). And to be clear, I'm not talking about just winning arbitration at Upwork, I'm talking about winning an external arbitration which is a legal procedure. Anyway, at this point I'll just wait for the feedback from Upwork support team

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
25 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

I've gone through hundreds of posts about removing reviews and none of them was about a case like this (I'm open to be corrected). And to be clear, I'm not talking about just winning arbitration at Upwork, I'm talking about winning an external arbitration which is a legal procedure. Anyway, at this point I'll just wait for the feedback from Upwork support team

Arbitration is always with a third-party, because Upwork is the escrow agent and can't make a binding decision. "Unfair" is not a reason to get your feedback removed. I've been through it too. You will be fine I assure you.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
26 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

That's why Petra was clarifying your spelling. What you did before the paid arbitration was a mediation. Arbitrage is a completely different term. It does become confusing if the terms are all mixed (I have mixed mediation and arbitration before.)  In your case, if you were searching for arbitrage instead of arbitration, your results would not uncover the answer you were seeking. 

Ace Contributor
27 of 68

It gets more and more interesting... While I'd been waiting till Upwork receive arbitration results from AAA, I've received a email saying the client asked his bank for a refund (after a lost arbitration) and the funds will be withdrawn from my account

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
28 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

It gets more and more interesting... While I'd been waiting till Upwork receive arbitration results from AAA, I've received a email saying the client asked his bank for a refund (after a lost arbitration) and the funds will be withdrawn from my account

ok, this is where you get my sympathy and mutual rage. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
29 of 68

Alexander S wrote:

A chargeback.

That is fraudulent on the side of the client as they had previously agreed to be legally bound by the outcome of the arbitration.

So now you are out the money AND the arbitration fee.

I'd lean VERY hard on Upwork to fight the chargeback an that basis  (which is mostly not possible but in this case it may be)

I bet the client also charged back the fee for the arbitration... Which country is the client in?

Ace Contributor
30 of 68

I'm not sure if he crarged back the arbitration fee. He's from the US

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS