cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing review after winning arbitrage

alexidsa
Ace Contributor

I had a client who unfairly did not pay for my work (funds were in escrow) and left a negative review (again, unfairly), so I went to arbitrage (the real arbitrage when you pay about $300 for the proceedings) and just received a message saying I've won it. My questions is whether it is possible to remove a review if I won the arbitrage? It seems like an obvious next step (basically, I've proven the review was wrong) but I don't see any mechanism how I could do it (assuming I don't have a top-rated perk and I don't want to refund all the money paid to remove a public review)

67 REPLIES 67

You're not shadowbanned or anything of the sort, it is a bug that makes the stat show 0 - we are all "flatlining" on that graph, so unless we are all shadowbanned, this is not one of your issues.

Great to know, thanks! I got a little paranoid after all this mess 🙂

I've got some good news guys 🙂Screenshot 2019-02-28 00.52.55.png

We've had a nice theory of jss effect of the review to get removed after the clients gets banned for committing fraud but it doesn't seem to be the case. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case. It was updated this Sunday but the effect is still there

Alexander S wrote:

We've had a nice theory of jss effect of the review to get removed after the clients gets banned for committing fraud but it doesn't seem to be the case. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case. It was updated this Sunday but the effect is still there

CONGRATS on getting paid and it is good to know Upwork fights chargebacks (which are difficult to win.)

I would suggest you keep fighting the JSS drop as the client is suspended and fraudulent, so if you are sure that this is the contract that caused the drop, push for it to be excluded.

That said, your JSS is 95%, which is high. Concentrate on closing a few contracts (maybe go for a few smaller ones that complete quickly) to push the feedback down the page. In 3 months the thing will fall out of your 6 month window and be just a bad memory.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS