cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing review after winning arbitrage

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
31 of 68

Alexander,

One of our agents just provided an update on your ticket about both, the arbitration and the chargeback. They will continue providing any new information to you via the ticket and you can also reply back to the ticket with any questions you may have.

Additionally, feel free to check this post for more information about Upwork feedback system and options users have if they disagree with feedback.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Alexander S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
32 of 68

Could you please be more specific about the review? At this point do I have any option to remove it? Here's my take on it:

0. I have a pretty good track record on Upwork to begin with

1. I've received a negative review that was saying my communication was poor

2. I've gone through the legal arbitration proving it was not the case and it was actually the client who ignored my messages for weeks and then asked for a refund when the job was done

3. After losing the arbitration the client doubles down on his dishonesty by charging back

As I understand from the responses above, even under these very clear conditions, the review will not be removed, right? If we go through all the viral posts on Medium bashing Upwork (which cost Upwork millions in reputation losses), we will see the same root problem again and again: lack of individual approach to freelancers and particular cases. Why not to address this issue, especially when the case is so obvious?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
33 of 68

Hi Alexander, 

As Valeria noted, you may ask questions on the your ticket so that the team handling this case can get back to you with more information. I would recommend that you continue communicating with the team as they are better equipped to answer your questions about the dispute, and the arbitration process. Thank you for your understanding.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
34 of 68

If you have a Top Rated perk, you can remove the feedback using that perk. Otherwise, no. The client may be a scammer and a jerk, but they still get to leave a review.

Did you respond to the review? When I had a bad client who asked for a refund and gave me a low rating, I responded by indicating that the client asked for work beyond the scope and attempted to avoid paying me. I seriously doubt if anyone will take his review of me seriously knowing that he tried to avoid paying for the work. It hasn't hurt my ability to land new gigs. 

Ace Contributor
35 of 68

I've responded to the review, though it would be nice to be able to update it after an arbitration win and a chargeback fraud. You're completely right about this review not influencing the ability to get new clients, I can't complain but a perfectionist inside me is a little angry Smiley Happy

The biggest flaw in the system, in my opinion, is an almost week long lag between the arbitration finish by AAA and the moment this information is processed by Upwork. It should happen automatically, I doubt this client is the first one who was "smart" enough to chargeback.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
36 of 68

Tonya P wrote:

If you have a Top Rated perk, you can remove the feedback using that perk. Otherwise, no. The client may be a scammer and a jerk, but they still get to leave a review.

No need. The chargeback will turn it into a "Nothing Paid" contract so the contract should vanish from the profile anyway, and the client will have been suspended for the chargeback so there will be no impact on the JSS because contract from cliets who are kicked off for ToS violations are excluded from the JSS.

Ace Contributor
37 of 68

As I understand in this scenario I will not get paid, right?

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
38 of 68

Petra R wrote:

Tonya P wrote:

No need. The chargeback will turn it into a "Nothing Paid" contract so the contract should vanish from the profile anyway, and the client will have been suspended for the chargeback so there will be no impact on the JSS because contract from cliets who are kicked off for ToS violations are excluded from the JSS.

I thought that Upwork might actually challenge the chargeback since it is fraudulent. 🙄

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
39 of 68

Tonya P wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Tonya P wrote:

I thought that Upwork might actually challenge the chargeback since it is fraudulent. 🙄

Good point.

They absolutely should, unless the card holder is now claiming the card was used without their knowledge or consent. I was thinking worst case scenario as most of the time attempts to defend a chargeback are not successful which makes it such a nasty stunt to pull.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
40 of 68

Jennifer M wrote:

ARBITRATION

not arbitrage

Thank you Jennifer. I was dying inside Robot Frustrated

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS