🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reopen closed account
Page options
e3a8006c
Community Member

Reopen closed account

Hi,

I have recently closed my account in which my profile was privately locked. Now i have plan to reinstate my account to start working. I have opened this new account because there was no other way to communicate with the support. Is it fine if i continue with this new account and let the closed account be close? Does that violates any upwork policy or would i face any problem in the future regarding the suspension of this account if i continue working with this account?

Thanks 

25 REPLIES 25
JoanneP

Hi Zafeer,

Freelancers are only allowed to have one Upwork account and having a duplicate is a violation of Upwork TOS. If you wish to reopen your closed account, you will need to close this account that you used to post here in the community. Please feel free to send me a PM with the details of the closed account, and I'd gladly check on it for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne. I need to reopen my account that I closed a few minutes ago by mistake. Can you please pm me so I can send you account details.

I need to reopen a closed account that I closed a few minutes ago. I had some money on the account that I have not transferred yet. Kindly help me fix this.

Hi Musaub,

I'd be happy to assist you with your concern. Please feel free to send me a PM by clicking on my name, and kindly share the details of the account you're referring to.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne, I get this "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." when I try to message you. Can you send me a pm instead or maybe I can drop the details of my account over here.

Hi Musaub,

I've sent you a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne. I sent you the account information. Do you need anything else to proceed?

I also have a question for closing account after withdawing my funds. Let me know if you need anything.

Regards.

Still waiting for a response on this issue.

Hi Musaub, 

I have replied to your DM. I apologize for the delay in my response. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a0cc83c9
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I have a similar concern. I would like to reopen my closed account and could only reach the community by setting up a new account. Could you kindly assist?

Hi Shernel,

I'd like to check this for you. Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a0cc83c9
Community Member

Hi, the Account in question is**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Shernel,

Thanks for sharing your email. We'll go ahead and process your request from our end. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
511b1f6b
Community Member

I deleted my account by mistake under the email **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I would like tor restore it please 😄

Hi Abd,

Your original account is now reopened and you can log in at any time. I would also recommend to close your new account once you have accessed your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,
I have the same problem: I closed my account by mistake and want to reopen it. May I write email address here to reopen or should I write you directly? I can't permission to direct messages to you. I registered here only for this message.

Hi Jaroslav,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I have also mistakenly closed my upwork profile. Can you kindly help me to reopen it? 

Hi Jenny,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service

~ Nikola
Upwork
cfc3553a
Community Member

Hi Nikola, I cannot message you privately because when I click on your profile, it says that it no longer exists in upwork. I will just discuss my concern here if that will be okay. My email is

**Edited for Community Guidelines**. It was a mistake to close my account and it was just because of curiosity. This email address that I am using to reply to you is only a dummy account since I have to sign in to comment here. I hope you can help me. Thank you! 

Hi Jenny,

Your account is now reopened and you can log in at any time. I would also recommend to close your new account as soon as possible as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1824f51f
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem! Please help

Hi Rania,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
84f8c6d4
Community Member

Hi, I recently closed an account under a different email that is needed for freelancer activity. How can I re-open this account?

Hi Christopher,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths