🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reopening the Closed project from client's si...
Page options
r_signal
Community Member

Reopening the Closed project from client's side, still have 5 days to submit dispute.

One of the client closed one of our projects due to inactivity from his side, but now we both want to continue tasks on same project without creating new project. Does the client or i have the option for that? I still have 5 days to submit dispute. will submitting dispute give the client option to reopen the same project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

The contract can not be reopened, the client will have to hire you again on a new contract.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

The contract can not be reopened, the client will have to hire you again on a new contract.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:

One of the client closed one of our projects due to inactivity from his side, but now we both want to continue tasks on same project without creating new project. Does the client or i have the option for that? I still have 5 days to submit dispute. will submitting dispute give the client option to reopen the same project?

You should not misuse the submit dispute function in the hope that this has some unintended side effect. (What the what?) Just ask him to send you a new offer. There is no harm in having more than one project, except you get more feedback which is nice for your upwork history.

Definitely do not submit a dispute unless you want to annoy your client! This is not the correct way to get help in your situation.

If you want to be proactive about this, go to the messages page for your closed project and click on the green link that says "Propose a New Contract". Fill in the details and it'll be sent to your client to approve. It'll only take a few minutes. 

With all due respect @Martina, I never said that I am going to use(abuse) dispute function as the client is long term one. The issue was neither I nor Client closed the contract, it was suspended due to inactivity for 90 days.

@petra: Thankyou for the precise answer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths