🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Repeating project
Page options
grimesr
Community Member

Repeating project

There is a specific project that pops up every few days that is exactly the same. Maybe the client isn't getting the freelancers they want, but I suspect it may be more sinister.

Would this be a project to flag, and if so, how would be flagged, "Other"?

6 REPLIES 6
e825750a
Community Member

Hello,
I have seen these kind of repeating projects on other freelance platform. It may be a scam project. If the project owner haven't any ratings and never hired someone, It is more probably a scammer. Mostly, they post job that are easy and require no advanced skills to complete like typing or converting files format to others format.
Thanks,
Bruno
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Robert G wrote:

There is a specific project that pops up every few days that is exactly the same. Maybe the client isn't getting the freelancers they want, but I suspect it may be more sinister.

Would this be a project to flag, and if so, how would be flagged, "Other"?

They used to have a category for that "multiple posting" or something like that. I guess they replaced it with "confused freelancer opened a client account and is now posting jobs" or something like that. Multiple postings of identical jobs are not allowed, in any case. 

grimesr
Community Member

Again, I am seeing a job being posted multiple times in one day (slightly different words) and daily.

I am not going to keep flaging it, nor wuld I every respond, but there are others that see quick money and will go for it.

Let's get these off.

Hi Robert,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the job posts you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
grimesr
Community Member

I just checked, this job has been posted 294 times in the last 13 days. I would say there is a serious issue here.

Thanks for following up on this. I thought Upwork had things in place that would prevent this from happening.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members