csingraham

Replica job requests from different clients

Has anyone else received ghostwriting requests from multiple clients over the last few days (i'm talking like dozens) with the exact same wording or almost (within a word or two) wording for ebooks. They are asking for .001 per word or $1 for a 100 words. Is there a new book out there about hiring freelancers for dirt cheap that gives a template for the job posting? Or another reason? Is oDesk writing it for them? Just curious if anyone else is having this problem. It's getting a little crazy how many I am getting.
2 REPLIES 2

They are asking for .001 per word or $1 for a 100 words Which is it - there's a tenfold difference. The former is ludicrous, the latter is silly but par for the course on here. I'm not getting that particular one, but I'm getting a lot of invitations recently, at least half of which are totally irrelevant, and when I look at the job post I see they've invited multiple freelancers. I'm pretty convinced it's the new oDesk mad robot that's making life easy for clients by letting them invite loads of supposedly relevant freelancers at the same time with the press of one button.
csingraham

I put an extra 0. So .01 per word. I'm not saying that isn't par for the course on oDesk. It seem pretty average. It's better than a lot of other job requests out there, still below what I will work with, but better. It's just uncanny the similar wording that is used.