🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Report Client.
Page options
e7741972
Community Member

Report Client.

Hello. I just ended a contract with a client. He first requested I do a trial article for him for $4 and he never paid me for it. But I eventually accepted a contract for my first article of which I've had to revise 3 times because he always leaves out instructions and he still wasn't happy. Every time he asks for a revision he gives me instructions like he hadn't communicated before. So I ended the contract and want to report to him how do I do so. 

3 REPLIES 3
roberty1y
Community Member

There's no use reporting him. You worked without starting a contract, which means he didn't have to pay you unless he wanted to. Best thing is let the matter rest, and with a bit of luck he won't leave you any feedback. Also, the number of revisions should be agreed on before the contract is started. 

Mandzisi:
Don't report this client.

Learn from your mistakes, and move on.

YOU closed the contract, and YOU sent the money back to the client.

There is nothing to dispute.

In the future, if a client isn't releasing escrow money as expected, then follow the directions here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

re: "I just ended a contract with a client. He first requested I do a trial article for him for $4 and he never paid me for it."

If a client hires you and then doesn't pay you, it means that YOU made a mistake.

This is a good thing.

This means that you can learn from your mistake and change how you do things next time.

It means that YOU have the power, and YOU have the control.

It is always better when something is your fault, rather than somebody else's fault.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths