🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Report - Overview (Negative sign on available...
Page options
sumons1
Community Member

Report - Overview (Negative sign on available earning)

My Upwork report shows my available earning in red color and a negative sign. Something like below.

Available

-$344

What does it mean? Is there anybody who can explain what it does mean, and why?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shariful, 

I looked into your account, and I can see that you processed a refund for Contract ID 28654003. However, your Upwork balance did not have enough funds, thus showing a negative balance of $-344. Once the balance has been settled, the available balance in your account will reflect accordingly.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shariful, 

I looked into your account, and I can see that you processed a refund for Contract ID 28654003. However, your Upwork balance did not have enough funds, thus showing a negative balance of $-344. Once the balance has been settled, the available balance in your account will reflect accordingly.

~ Avery
Upwork
sumons1
Community Member

That means once if I earn and it has enough balance, this $344 will be
deducted from my account?

Thanks for your kind reply.

Sent from my phone

Hi Shariful,

Yes, once you have enough balance in your account, the amount will be deducted accordingly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sumons1
Community Member

Hi Joanne!

Thanks very much for your reply and enlighten me. 🙂

-Shariful

f16711c7
Community Member

Hi, I have same problem with sharif, indicates -133. Why should I pay it?and who will earn it?its a mistake in my previous contract...instead of 300 we(me and my client)agreed to make it only $150. So if I pay the -133 who will receive it?the contract was already ended

f16711c7
Community Member

Does this mean when he paid the -344 it will appear as +344?and he can withdraw it anyway?

drewayson
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support,

I would like to clarify an issue with regards to negative earnings on my account due to an automatic refund. Is it possible to pay that refund amount on the week I got that refund (i.e. September 5 to 11) ? or it will really deduct the next time I got enough available earnings on my  account ? 

Thank you!

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your message. Your negative balance will be automatically adjusted against the pending funds in your Upwork account now. I see that you have also initiated a support request for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
keval_sakhiya
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support,

Can you please tell me why there is an amount minus in my profile?

I read above answers, and there was a refund of the project explained but I'm still working on the project

Hi Keval,

It looks like you have some bonus payments that were reversed, but you have pending payments in excess of this. The negative balance will be temporary while those payments move from the Pending tab to the Available tab.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths