🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Report Someone Trying to Hire Me Outside of U...
Page options
laurenmtaylor
Community Member

Report Someone Trying to Hire Me Outside of Upwork

Hello,

Someone is harrassing me and trying to hire me outside of Upwork even though I have told him multiple times this is not alllowed. How do I report this and get him to not contact me anymore?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lauren,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for flagging this. Our team is looking into your report and will take action as per our internal processes.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lexidh
Community Member

Lauren T wrote:

Someone is harrassing me and trying to hire me outside of Upwork even though I have told him multiple times this is not alllowed. How do I report this and get him to not contact me anymore?

Harrassing as an employment method! Now I've heard everything! Some people just can't help themselves if they don't get things their way... Good for you for saying no 😃

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How do I report this and get him to not contact me anymore?"

You have already reported this here in the Forum, which is an excellent thing to do.

Every job posting has a "Flag as inappropriate" button/link in the top right-hand corner. You can also use that to report clients who are breaking the rules or harrassing you.

As for getting him to not contact you any more:

If you go into the Upwork Messaging tool, and click on the name of the client (or potential client) at the top of the screen, you can see a drop-down menu with a "block" option.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I would certainly block somebody like that. Any "client" who would harrass me to try to get me to agree to get paid OFF of the platform is almost certainly somebody who is planning to scam me and not pay me at all.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths