🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Report a client.
Page options
df32d289
Community Member

Report a client.

Contract ID: 33329294

Client Name: **edited for Community Guidelines**

Behaviour: 

- He said in the chat that he will offer a contract of fixed price (20$), but he offered a contract of 15$. He said that he will add the rest.

- He said in the chat that he will make a milestone of 10$, and add more 10$ when I finished the job. But, in fact, he make a milestone of 7$ only.

- He said that he will add bonus (means 20$ in the beginning + extra).

- I finished all the work (have evidence to show that I did it). and he said that he will pay 1 hour later. Until now, he has not paid anything as well as did not online and response to my message for several days.

Please help me with this issue. 

In addition, I have the email of the platform that he used my work to submit on it. If after several more days and he still does not pay, Do you think that Should I contact to that platform and report his submission. I think it is my right when he does not pay as agreed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Truong-Thanh, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this contract. On fixed-price contracts, freelancers will need to submit the finished work through the milestone-submission system to ensure you're payment protected on Upwork. It would also be best to ensure that the work you submit is commensurate to the amount noted on the milestones of the project so that you are paid for the work you do. 

I would also like to point out that jobs that violate academic integrity are not allowed in the Community, so I recommend refraining from working on these jobs in the marketplace and instead reporting these jobs to avoid violating the Upwork Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
yofazza
Community Member

He's a cheating kid waiting money from parents to pay you? I'd trick him to release the milestone and report him to that Yandex school. Works about academic cheating is not allowed.

df32d289
Community Member

I dont think "trick him to release the milestone" is a good behaviour of a freelancer. I worked with him in a job before. he just paid 10$ for a code and explanation in 5 hours.

yofazza
Community Member

Not a good behavior, yes. But I'll do it if a kid managed to trick me into doing his homework and even too lazy to submit it themselves.

No problem with teaching someone, I do it for free at times. But you'll know when you're really teaching them, or just 'tricked into doing their homework'.

Doing homeworks, tests, in place of the client's name, (academic cheating) is not allowed. So yes you should tell the school/platform and the parents as well if possible. Taking the money is just for a little 'payback' 😶

df32d289
Community Member

Haha. nice answer. by the way, I think he graduated his bachelor.

In addition, I was really nice when gave him a lot of advices and materials to practice his programming, algorithm skills as well as his career.

yofazza
Community Member

A very cheap bachelor if he bargained $20 into $10 and actually funding $7 bringing parents as excuses.

In the other situation, about milestones and difficult clients, you should only work as much as the fund in the milestone. So if agreed to $20 and only $10 funded, you do half the work and click 'Submit Work for Payment'. I'd minimize messages/chats with clients like that.

yofazza
Community Member

On the other hand, you might want to think it thoroughly before annoying the kid. I don't want to be the one who suggests something that results in you getting bad feedback.

df32d289
Community Member

Yes, I know. But now I want Upwork customer service to help me first.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Truong-Thanh, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this contract. On fixed-price contracts, freelancers will need to submit the finished work through the milestone-submission system to ensure you're payment protected on Upwork. It would also be best to ensure that the work you submit is commensurate to the amount noted on the milestones of the project so that you are paid for the work you do. 

I would also like to point out that jobs that violate academic integrity are not allowed in the Community, so I recommend refraining from working on these jobs in the marketplace and instead reporting these jobs to avoid violating the Upwork Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members