🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Report a freelancer
Page options
0305dda1
Community Member

Report a freelancer

Can I report a freelancer who has used slurs on twitter? I don't think they're doing a good job of representing upwork since they have their upwork link in their Twitter bio

5 REPLIES 5
jaybopp82
Community Member

You are allowed to place your Upwork profile link on social media - this has been confirmed by the mods here.  Can't really suggest anything else on your post since the images won't load for me.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I report a freelancer who has used slurs on twitter?"

No.

This is not Twitter.

If you want to report something on Twitter, you would need to contact Twitter.

And to be perfectly frank... I looked at your screenshots and I doubt Twitter would do anything about this either. But I'm not in charge of Twitter.

You need to let this go.

There are indeed reasons that you may report freelancers. But their posts on Twitter are not one of those reasons.

The Twitter posts don't even mention Upwork in any way.

Ok thank you for my reply to my question. I guess that means that Upwork supports ableists and I will stop recommending this site to anyone. 

petra_r
Community Member

Leslie K wrote:

I guess that means that Upwork supports ableists. 

No, it doesn't mean anything of the sort, but Upwork can't police what freelancers or clients do on Twitter or when they are in the park or on holiday. It's a Twitter issue, and nothing whatsoever to do with Upwork. Talk to Twitter.

JoanneP

Hi Leslie,

Could you please send me a PM with more information about your report so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths