🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Report an abusive Client
Page options
hiraazam68
Community Member

Report an abusive Client

Hello,
I hope you all are doing great.
I've just came across with one client. We had a discussion. First I asked the client her requirements for the project. But She was not sure where to start. So then I gave her budget by per word writing. But she was not comfortable with it. Later, I gave her approximate budget for the whole project, but then She just started giving requirements which were far more than i expected. I told her to increase the budget. But then she just turned her tone to rude and unrespectful. I told her that I don't want to help her with this type of non-professional behavior. And after that she started using abusive words, threatened me that I am a probably a fake person and she will report me legally. I try to gain and maintain my reputation here on upwork. And this type of clients seriously needs to stop harassing other freelancers specially the new ones, she was so unrespectful. What should I do?
I've flagged the job already. Is there any harm to my profile now from upwork? I was not even hired by her.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there any harm to my profile now from upwork? I was not even hired by her. "

It is impossible for a client to do anything to harm your Upwork profile if you have never been hired by her.

JSS (Job Success Score) is calculated ONLY from jobs you have actually been hired for. Chatting with clients or being interviewed by clients without being hired has no impact.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there any harm to my profile now from upwork? I was not even hired by her. "

It is impossible for a client to do anything to harm your Upwork profile if you have never been hired by her.

JSS (Job Success Score) is calculated ONLY from jobs you have actually been hired for. Chatting with clients or being interviewed by clients without being hired has no impact.

re: "What should I do?"

Block her in the Upwork Messages tool so that she can no longer communicate with you.

There is no way that you can benefit from continuing to communicate with her.

Yes I've reported her and before I blocked her, she blocked me with threatening messages.
Thanks you guys! Your replies really helped!
lysis10
Community Member

just stop talking to her then jeez there are no victims here. just volunteers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members