🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reporting Iffy Gigs
Page options
cello700
Community Member

Reporting Iffy Gigs

As I proceed through a collection of newly posted gigs, I'm always on the lookout for gigs that violate terms of service.  Here are a few:  gigs that request a specific race or gender when the gig topic is not related to a specific race or gender,  gigs that list an hourly rate with enclosed file and when clicked on the file contains an ad for work off-platform, ridiculous fixed prices when the work itself is actually for piecework and finally, gigs that request freelancers to do "a little" something for nothing. If enough freelancers do "a little"  the task will be completed.  I'd be very leery of those requiring "tests" or "trials" for simple tasks.  It's great to prove yourself but if your gut tells you that you're being exploited, you probably are.  Just my 65 cents...

1 REPLY 1
goriyaz
Community Member

Steven S wrote:

gigs that request freelancers to do "a little" something for nothing. If enough freelancers do "a little"  the task will be completed"

Sometimes, the job post is neat and nothing look like a scam. Then you're interviewed, amongst dozen of others freelancers, and the client ask if a test job could be performed (a rewriting, a short article, an extract of a translation etc...) to choose the best "competitor" because there are too many great profiles and it's hard to sort the best ones.

These "tests" accumulated lead to a complete gig for the client.

And soon, freelancers will not just have spent connects for that but also paid 0.3$.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths