🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reporting - No need to make this difficult
Page options
browersr
Community Member

Reporting - No need to make this difficult

As tax time comes upon us there is the very basic need to get our revenue and cost for reporting. In past years these two metrics were pretty trivial to get. However, the report this year does not allow the simple retrieval of the UW service fee side of the equation. Everything now is consolidated into the Transaction History report which is fine. On the revenue side of the equation I can simply filter on Credits which produces the appropriate amounts for the time period. Great. However, there is no filter for Service Fees and the closest I can come is to use Debits. The problem there is that debits include withdrawals which are obviously not tax/cost related. There are a number of filters offered here but none that will simply provide service fees. Why? This forces us to download the debits report and filter out in Excel. End of the world? No. However, this is both an extremely basic and an extremely common need out of baseline reporting. Revenue and Cost are table stakes of any reporting system. Please add to the Transaction level reporting filter. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Scott, 100% agree.  Took me 3 times as long to work things out for my taxes this year.  Sigh.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Agree one hundred percent, it's insanely aggravating to have to do this. Especially when it wasn't always the case.

All in the name of "simplfying the reports".  Bless their hearts.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Thanks for exposing it Scott.
Before it was so easy to get all the information.
When this topic has come up, the solution that is usually given is to use excel, but I don't know how to use it!
Why did someone think that this way everything was easier and clearer?
Oh wait, it's still easy and clear if you pay. Is it so?

a_lipsey
Community Member

100% agree that this is ridiculous. I made $30k on Upwork in December alone, I think you could give me a report that doesn't require so much work to do my taxes.

Sorry for second response but want to clarify I'm not suggesting an earnings requirement to get a report, but that we are all paying fees enough that we should be getting a earnings report that is useful.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members