🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reporting a Client ( he wanted me to fake a n...
Page options
zssrour
Community Member

Reporting a Client ( he wanted me to fake a name on a statement!)

Hey, i was moving around on upwork checking designing job posts when a client sent me a message telling me that he want to change a couple of names written on a bill with some names and if it looks realistic he will hire me immediately So i checked the photo that he sent and it was written in a weired language so after a little of digging i found that this is a bill statement belongs to some kind of communication company

**Edited for community guidelines**

and sent the billing photo

So i instantly refused the offer and Told him that this is a forgery, and he said " Ok. i will find someone else" !! Then he removed all the messages that he sent and declined my proposal

.. what am afraid of that this guy may find another designer that can help him faking this bills and doing such a bad crime ! So please Take an action asap. 

Best Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So i checked the photo that he sent and it was written in a weird language"

The language is Thai.

Thai people don't think it is a weird language. It seems perfectly normal to them.

As for the job. Don't panic about this.

You're not in any kind of trouble. You told him you don't want to do this. Make sure you close any contract that is open. Block him in the Messages tool if you don't want to hear from him.

You have the option to report the job by clicking on the "Flag as inappropriate" link/button on the job posting page. Other than that, you're done.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ziad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll share this with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members