🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reporting a client
Page options
ednamd
Community Member

Reporting a client

Dear fellow freelancers :),

I would kindly ask for your help. I recently experienced several problems with one client, who was extremelly disrespectful, who insulted me on personal and professional basis, who was questioning my skills, knowledge, education, humiliated me - all in all, terrible experience. Because he also wrote baseless and incorrect accusations on me, I decided to report him to Upwork. They asked me to provide screenshots of our conversation - which I did. 

Has anyone dealt with such issue? Did Upwork do anything?

If Upwork doesn't do anything, what else can I do?

Of course, I stopped working and communicating with the client, but I cant leave things that way. 

Thanks. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
r2streu
Community Member

Honestly, you CAN and SHOULD leave it that way. If Upwork deems their behavior inappropriate, they will deal with it. As for what YOU should do? Look, right now these people are living rent-free in your head. What you should do is move on with your life and find other/better clients. 

Life sucks sometimes and occasionally, a client is a jerk. As a professional, there are two ways to respond to criticism: take constructive criticism as it is, learn, and grow from the experience, and take nasty/negative comments with a grain of salt and move on. 

If the client's public comments on your profile are unfair and baseless, ask Upwork to consider removing them. Beyond that, get on with your life. 

Community Member

If the client's public comments on your profile are unfair and baseless, ask Upwork to consider removing them.

This is only available to Top Rated / Plus freelancers, on a limited basis. Even if you have excellent evidence that the client was horrible to you (and even to the Upwork staff), they will stand by their policy. I have recent experience with exactly this - even won against the client in arbitration - but the damage to my JSS through their private feedback won't be removed.

Randall S wrote:

If the client's public comments on your profile are unfair and baseless, ask Upwork to consider removing them. Beyond that, get on with your life. 

If comments are threatening or racist or against the terms of service in some way, then they can be reported, but Upwork doesn't judge whether feedback is "fair" or not.

engrzunuran
Community Member

Let the upwork deal with him now. And move on with other clients. Thats the best thing you should do

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Edna, I don't see anything bad in your Upwork Profile. Use Upwork's system to block the client and move on. It is simply not worth wasting your time in relationship to getting a new happy client. Have a wonderful day!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths