🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Reporting a suspicious user and message
Page options
kara_falknor
Community Member

Reporting a suspicious user and message

Hello,

I would like to report a suspicious user who sent me a message asking me to contact them offsite about a job. The message has since been deleted, but I have the copy that was sent to my email address. How can I report this user?

I have tried to create a support request, and clicking on Ask a Question takes me to a bot that directs me to submit a support request but doesn't tell me how to do so.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kara,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I sent you a private message instead. I'll wait for your reply. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kara,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about this report. I'll be sure to escalate it accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, I will send a private message. Thank you.

I have tried to send a message to you numerous times and it will not go through. Do you have an email address where I can contact you directly? Upwork should have a contact support option that does not require jumping through hoops to access.

Hi Kara,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I sent you a private message instead. I'll wait for your reply. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ff43e252
Community Member

Hello.. this user requested that I pay them off of Upwork, so I became suspicious and began contacting the owners of the websites she claims to have designed. So far I've had two companies contact me back and they both have stated that they have NEVER worked with **Edited for community guidelines** and have NO idea who she is or why she is claiming credit for them. I believe this user was trying to steal money from me, with no intention on providing the services requested. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt, 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with this caused. Thank you for reporting this to us. I'll be sure to escalate this to the correct team for their review and appropriate action will be taken according to our internal processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths