Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting an unresponsive client

fabienne-snow
Fabienne S Member Since: Sep 16, 2017
1 of 5

Hello,

I would like to report a client. On March 1st, I entered into a $100 contract with 10 milestones of $10 each. Between March 1 and 18, there had been 3 milestones, work was completed, payment was processed. Since then, I have contacted the client twice (April 6 and May 12) inquiring about more milestones. I have not received any response.

The problem is, this ongoing job-in-progress status affects my job success rate.

What can be done? I would like closure with no damage on my part so that my job success rate bumps up.

Thanks for any advice you could give.

Fabienne

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

lol being unresponsive isn't a reportable offense. Welcome to the Internet.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

Have you been paid for the work that was done?

If yes, and the client is unresponsive, just close the contract.

There is nothing to "report"

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

The client paid you for all the work that you did.

That is a GOOD thing.

If the client does not want you to do more work, that is his choice.

Having one contract open without earning money on it is not going to hurt your job success score much, if at all.

Eventually you can close the contract yourself if you think the client is not coming back. As it has now been many months, I think you should close the contract yourself. If you occasionally have contracts closed without getting feedback from the client, that won't hurt your JSS, as long as there is not a prominent pattern of no-feedback contracts.

fabienne-snow
Fabienne S Member Since: Sep 16, 2017
5 of 5

Well wrong choice of word, nothing to "report" 😃 but there are good tips on what to do. Thank you all.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS