🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reporting past client for harassment
Page options
nurseferatu
Community Member

Reporting past client for harassment

Unfortunately since last night I’ve been dealing with a client I haven’t worked with in several years. Somehow he found my email address and Facebook and began harassing me for access to certain things such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. He claimed he had been trying to get in touch with me but I had never received any sort of communication with him. I abruptly gave over the analytics account and moved on.

Today, however, he created a fake Facebook account and began messaging me again accusing me of keeping his Google Tag Manager account from him. I’ve never used it. To be honest I had never even heard of it before today because it isn’t something I work with. He threatened to report me to Upwork despite us not having an open contract and our former one being closed for so long.

I’m not entirely sure what to do in this situation. I want to let Upwork know how he treats people but I’ve never had to report someone without having a contract with them.

What would be the best action to take here? Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

Just block him and move on.

As I stated in my post I’ve done this multiple times. He keeps creating new accounts and that’s why I’m asking this question in the first place.

Don't PMs from strangers get filtered on boomerbook? Just ignore him and he'll go away.

Jennifer M wrote:

Don't PMs from strangers get filtered on boomerbook? Just ignore him and he'll go away.

Boomerbook! Lol! 

(Dang, she got me ...)

Rikki:
I can completely understand that you are irritated by this person.

But let's think through this a little bit:

If you are already blocking this person, and then he creates new Upwork accounts... How would it benefit you to report him to Upwork?

The most that Upwork would be able to do would be to remove his Upwork account. So then he will just create a new account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rikki,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report? I'll be sure to check it and assist you accordingly. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexandernovikov
Community Member

And i thought i had my share of terrible clients!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths