cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting strange client request

nazu09
Nazmul H Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
11 of 19

I am new in Upwork. my client hires me for SEO but he told me to write to him some article. I Write it and delivered it. And told him please you hire for SEO but why you want  article from me. I write for him 4 articles.  After I complete his work he says where is my backlinks then I say from 2 days I work for your article how can I make backlinks. but I make some backlinks for him. and I provide my process also. now he cancelled his work and force me to refund his money. this work is fixed price.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 19

Nazmul H wrote:

I am new in Upwork. my client hires me for SEO but he told me to write to him some article. I Write it and delivered it. And told him please you hire for SEO but why you want  article from me. I write for him 4 articles. 

Which language were the articles in? When a client asks you to do something you can't do, you just tell the client that you are unable to do what they suggest because you don't have the skills to do it.

nazu09
13 of 19

My article language is English. And I do this properly as his requirement. He submit it on his website. But now he force me for refund. Now I want to report about him.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 19

Nazmul H wrote:

My article language is English. 

Ah....

Nazmul H wrote:

Now I want to report about him.

There is nothing to report. You can decline the refund request. What do you mean he is forcing you to refund?

nazu09
15 of 19

He told many of time to refund his money. if I don't do this he report Upwork. and he said you are new you get banned by Upwork. now what I do

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 19

Nazmul, 

Your client is not only using you but is threatening you, which is against Upwork's ToS. Do not give in to his request. You will not get banned by Upwork. 

I have flagged your post so that a moderator can help you. 

nazu09
17 of 19

Thank you

nazu09
18 of 19

now He is Threaten me why I dispute. he says our local police commissioner his friend, And he is the  nephew of our local Mayer. This going to wrong. He says as I will see you.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
19 of 19

Hi Nazmul,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. I will escalate this to our team, our team will review your client for violations of our TOS and take proper actions. 
I can also see that you already have a dispute open. If you have any additional concerns or questions, feel free to follow up directly on your dispute. Your dispute agent will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS