tlsanders

Reports Broken?

My earnings by client is showing zero transactions for August. July appears to be accurate, but nothing posted for the past 15 days. Is it just me, or is this not updating?

59 REPLIES 59
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffany,

Let me check with the team if there are any known issues with that report. We'll get back to you shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have been following this because I have the same problem.  Reports show no earnings for August.    

Hi Amy,

Sorry to hear that, we're checking the issue with our product team and we'll update you as soon as possible.

- Aaron
Untitled
iaabraham

Same here... but would not have noticed if not for this thread. 

firescue17

Has not updated for at least two weeks, and possibly three, in spite of weekly withdrawals and confirmed deposits.

Please fix.

Steven and others,

This issue is known and our engineers are working to fix it. Unfortunately, we don't have any ETA yet but will definitely share your concerns with the team.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It is unacceptable to not have access to financial records for over two weeks.

The End.

jnfernandez

I still have missing payments on my "earning by clients" report from July.
firescue17

This is flippin' nonsense to have such incompetence raging throughout Upwork.

We are approaching the second month for which reporting is unavailable.

I have to report my income earnings every month. The compliance auditor was less than amused by screenshots of, "We're sorry for the inconvenience."

EDIT: Clarity for The Defenders of Upwork

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

We apologize for the problem this issue is causing you, our team is working on resolving it and we'll update the thread once we receive a confirmation.

Untitled

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your response. Do you have any estimated date for fixing this? The "Earnings by client" report has been broken for at least 1.5 months. It would be good to know at least an expected date for solving the issue. This report is highly valuable for us as freelancers and being blind for so long has turned the experience very unpleasant.

Thanks,

Juan

Juan and Isabelle Anne,

Unfortunately, we don't have any ETA for when this issue will be resolved that we could share here. Rest assured that we've shared your concerns with the team and it's been prioritized.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Steven, I agree that this is inconvenient and taking too long to fix, but there is a HUGE difference between not having access to financial records and not having access to financial records in the easiest and most convenient format available. It will take you approximately 3 minutes to use the transactions report to put together your monthly income--maybe if you've done dozens of jobs, it could take 6 or even 10 minutes.

No, you shouldn't have to. But, it's hardly as if you are unable to access the information you need.

@Tiffany S wrote:

Steven, I agree that this is inconvenient and taking too long to fix, but there is a HUGE difference between not having access to financial records and not having access to financial records in the easiest and most convenient format available. It will take you approximately 3 minutes to use the transactions report to put together your monthly income--maybe if you've done dozens of jobs, it could take 6 or even 10 minutes.

No, you shouldn't have to. But, it's hardly as if you are unable to access the information you need.

Cobbling income earnings verification together by cut and paste defeats the purpose of independent verification.

"Why is your income earnings documentation different this month?"

"oh ... uh. Because the report is broken. But here's how much I made earned. For reals!"

EDIT: Clarity for The Defenders of Upwork

Why would you cobble anything together?

Go to transactions

Select the date range.

Select "Credits"

Click "Go"

You have a neatly listed and totalled accounting of all earnings for the month.

So, I stand corrected--there's no possible way it could take a full three minutes to assemble that. And, it seems very unlikely that anyone will become suspicious because the formatting is ever-so-slightly different.

@tlsanders wrote:

Why would you cobble anything together?

Go to transactions

Select the date range.

Select "Credits"

Click "Go"

You have a neatly listed and totalled accounting of all earnings for the month.

So, I stand corrected--there's no possible way it could take a full three minutes to assemble that. And, it seems very unlikely that anyone will become suspicious because the formatting is ever-so-slightly different.

A. That's a different amount than what is provided on the Earnings By Client report.

B. I'll let them know you said it's okay.

@Steven E. L wrote:

A. That's a different amount than what is provided on the Earnings By Client report.

Yes, that's true--in that it is an accurate reflection of income during the period, versus accrued earnings, some of which have not been paid out. I guess it makes sense that if you have been providing inaccurate information all along, you should be consistent.

@Tiffany S wrote:

it makes sense that if you have been providing inaccurate information all along, you should be consistent.

How about since you are not employed by the authority I need to report to or live in my household and therefore have zero idea what you're talking about in reference to my finances, you go fanboi for Upwork on a different topic.

Upwork has dropped the ball. Again. They have provided nothing but lip service as a resolution. Again.

iaabraham

It's strange that this doesn't seem to be a priority for fixing. I personally don't check this report that often, but I can imagine that many others would need to.

So, just to clarify why is this report so important and unreplaceable by the transactions per month.

As a freelancer, I'm always optimizing the way I invest my time and what profit I obtain from that. For example, if I should invest in a lot of small fixed cost milestones or just a few hourly contracts. When am I more efficient? During the day or nights? So, I do experiments myself with these variables and I validate how much money I MADE.

The relevant issue here is the word MADE. I don't care about how much money I received in my account. I trust in Upwork and in their capabilities of eventually transferring that money I earned to my account but I do care about the amount I made by month.

So, that's how I use this report and why is it so relevant.

I'm sure it all related, but Earnings by Client isn't the only report affected.  

Mark,

Could you please clarify which reports you are referring to?

~ Valeria
Upwork
firescue17

Maintenance did not fix the Earnings by Client report.

This is the second end-of-month without that report working.

AFFECTED COMPONENTS

Login & Registration, Messages & Notifications, Other site features or areas

UPDATE
Site maintenance is complete and Upwork is back online

FALSE!

Hi Steven, 

We apologise if the fix for this issue hasn't been rolled out. Please know that the team has this on their pipeline and is working on the issue. Should their be any updates from their end, we'll make sure to update this thread. Thank you for your understanding. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I do not understand. It is beyond comprehension.

Downloading invoices doesn't work either.

Every time I try I get this - while the rest of the site remains responsive; so it's clearly a problem with the invoices.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 18.10.54.png

Hi Ela,

The issue with downloading invoices is known and our engineers are working on fixing it. I'll also forward your report to them.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Ela,

Could you please try downloading invoices again and let us know if you are still experiencing errors doing it?

~ Valeria
Upwork
iaabraham

Hmmm, I just realized that I do check earnings by client once in a while and for certain cases (especially when I need to see when the 20% fee will be lowered).

I hope this gets fixed really soon - I guess with the site going down so often, and not many users complaining about this particular issue, it's not a priority for the team?

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

I hope this gets fixed really soon - I guess with the site going down so often, and not many users complaining about this particular issue, it's not a priority for the team?

Possibly it would make more sense to prioritize based on profitability than numbers--it seems that those most bothered by this issue are those who are regularly earning signficant amounts through Upwork.

It's not a big concern for me, but if I were in Upwork's shoes I'd rather please 50 regular high earners than thousands of squeaky wheels with an aggregate $10k in earnings.

pandoraharper

Huh. And here I thought it was my browser preventing this info from loading (my browser Security add-ons occasionlly have real trouble with Upwork).

I don't read this section of my profile much, but can see how for some people, this is a big deal indeed. Hope it gets fixed soon.

stephknapp

Hi everyone!

Was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the earnings reports?

Particularly the earnings by client report isn't showing anything for the entire month of August, which isn't accurate. 

I've checked it a few times over the past weeks and it still hasn't updated.

Stephanie, congratulations for finding another site bug. Mine doesn't show anything for August either, though it should.

@John K wrote:

Stephanie, congratulations for finding another site bug. Mine doesn't show anything for August either, though it should.

Same here.

I just got an email saying that it's fixed, but the page won't load for me.

ETA: finally loaded. Still showing no earnings for the past two months.

My Earnings by Client is showing nothing since 8/1/17.    My Time Analyze report shows earnings.  Arggghhh.

@Tiffany S wrote:

I just got an email saying that it's fixed, but the page won't load for me.

ETA: finally loaded. Still showing no earnings for the past two months.

Was said email a response to a ticket you had previously submitted? Just curious.

pandoraharper

Heard it might be fixed, but still is not on my end. Different browser, no diff.