cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports Broken?

tlsanders
Community Guru

My earnings by client is showing zero transactions for August. July appears to be accurate, but nothing posted for the past 15 days. Is it just me, or is this not updating?

59 REPLIES 59

Steven, I did the same comparison and came to the same conclusion.

The numbers I had previosly for July, June, May etc. are totaly different from those the current report is giving me for the respective months.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can confirm that a fix for this bug was released today.

Steven, could you please clarify which numbers are incorrect?

~ Valeria
Upwork

In my profile, at least one number is wrong in July. Please verify if the team only fixed the numbers in August/September or if they also fixed July.

@Valeria K wrote:

I can confirm that a fix for this bug was released today.

Steven, could you please clarify which numbers are incorrect?

Nothing was fixed.

Every Earnings by Client report since March 2014 is incorrect.

dykun_galyna
Active

If I go into transactions and select all the monthly credits they match the current reports of Earnings by client like everything from July 1 to July 31 matches, however I have found that for the previous reports before the bug have appeared do not match the monthly credits, for example

Earnings by client in June 2016 = credits from 06/07 till 07/06

Earnings by client in July 2016 = credits from 07/07 till 08/05

Earnings by client in August 2016 = credits from 08/06 till 09/05

Looks like the previos reports in Earnings by client were summed up by different dates then the current ones, also my examples are valid for fixed priced earnings, hourly jobs seem to go by different dates so there is more mess

Someone from support please try to clarify this for us. Please try to get the information from the tech team how the reports were previously populated by dates and how it differs from current ones.

Hi Galyna,

I suspect some of the transactions you see listed in your Transaction History refer to payments your clients were charged for within the current month but become available in the following month. Please submit a support request and share screenshots of the date range you selected in Transaction History, so our team could replicate and advise.

Untitled

I understand that but the problem is that the payments on the borderline dates in the end/beginning of the month were present in previous month reports before the bug and in the following month report after the fix. Essentially what I mean by example is that 

Earnings by client from 06/01/2016 till 06/31/2016 before the bug = Earnings by client from 06/07/2016 till 07/06/2016 now

Earnings by client from 07/01/2016 till 07/31/2016 before the bug = Earnings by client from 07/07/2016 till 08/05/2016 now

Earnings by client from 07/01/2016 till 07/31/2016 before the bug = Earnings by client from 07/07/2016 till 08/05/2016 now

etc

What I need to know is how the reports were generated before so that I can adjust them properly to match current reports.

Support request will not help since this info should be requested from the tech team and support stuff will simply say they will notify the tech team and will close the ticket

Hi Galyna, Steven and others,

I'll ask the team to follow up on the comments you shared here and check if the information displayed in this report is correct and as by design. We'll follow up with an update as soon as we receive a confirmation. Thank you.

Untitled

@Vladimir G wrote:

I'll ask the team to follow up on the comments you shared here and check if the information displayed in this report is correct and as by design. We'll follow up with an update as soon as we receive a confirmation. Thank you.

Should we continue to wait indefinitely?

@Steven E. L wrote:

@Vladimir G wrote:

What would you see as the alternative, other than leaving the platform?

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Steven E. L wrote:

@Vladimir G wrote:

Something resembling customer service.

@Steven E. L wrote:

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Steven E. L wrote:

@Vladimir G wrote:

Something resembling customer service.

Got it. It sounded like you were considering YOUR alternatives, which seem only to be to continue to wait or to stop using Upwork.

Steven,

Unfortunately, we don't have updates yet as the team continues investigating the issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Steven,

Unfortunately, we don't have updates yet as the team continues investigating the issue.

But we now have useless maps on US freelancer profiles, that no one asked for, and no one wants!

Upwork sure knows how to prioritize, I tell you what.

Jess,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We have various teams that handle different initiatives, changes and fixes. Introduction of new features doesn't necessarily interfere with fixing bugs. The issue discussed on this thread isn't related to the feature you are referring to and is handled by a completely different team. Fixing existing technical issues that affect our users is prioritized.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We have various teams that handle different initiatives, changes and fixes. Introduction of new features doesn't necessarily interfere with fixing bugs. The issue discussed on this thread isn't related to the feature you are referring to and is handled by a completely different team. Fixing existing technical issues that affect our users is prioritized.

Valeria, that's a bit disingenuous. Obviously, the fact that Upwork has allocated one or more teams to new features while the existing programming doesn't work IS a prioritization. 

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

Sorry, I just don't believe you.

Major bugs have been left to sit for months and months, with so many "sorry for the inconvenience" and "thank you for your patience" and "we're working on it" messages that they become meaningless.

Show us some real progress instead of introducing "features" that no one wants.

These reports are still broken. The support interface is still broken. But we have maps. What are we supposed to think?

firescue17
Community Guru

I used to manually double-check the Earnings by Client report by hand on a monthly basis. I still manually double-check the report when a contract transitions to a different tier of service fee. Using the previous earnings which were correct as v1, my Earnings by Client report is off by the following:

• 2015-01: -54.78%
  • 2015-02: +29.60%
  • 2015-03: +18.15%
  • 2015-04: +20.22%
  • 2015-05: +32.02%
  • 2015-06: +12.33%
  • 2015-07: +39.88%
  • 2015-08: +20.15%
  • 2015-09: No change
  • 2015-10: -100%
  • 2015-11: +4.33%
  • 2015-12: +568.04% wut?
  • --------------------
  • 2016-01: -50%
  • 2016-02: +58.02%
  • 2016-03: +38.91%
  • 2016-04: -13.93%
  • 2016-05: -4.39%
  • 2016-06: +24.89%
  • 2016-07: -34.14%
  • 2016-08: +38.34%
  • 2016-09: +16.05%
  • 2016-10: -51.72%
  • 2016-11: +45.38%
  • 2016-12: +0.40%
  • --------------------
  • 2017-01: -34.49%
  • 2017-02: -32.71%
  • 2017-03: +45.29%
  • 2017-04: -32.45%
  • 2017-05: +18.13%
  • 2017-06: - 7.13%
  • 2017-07: who knows ...
  • 2017-08: ...
  • 2017-09: ...

It was mildly better when it was outright broken as opposed to pushing bad data. At least it was easy to tell when the report was completely blank.

(Please deposit the 20% raise to my bank account on file.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS