🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reports Overview has a negative balance under...
Page options
vipulnandan
Community Member

Reports Overview has a negative balance under "Pending".

So this is the first time this has happened and I am unsure how the calculation for this works out. The total amount from an hourly contract from last week shows up correctly under "In Review" tab. However under the "Pending" tab a negative $3.23 value is listed. It's marked in red. Attaching a screenshot.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipul,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I checked and can confirm the pending charge you're seeing is related to the withholding tax discussed in this thread.

Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is a means of collecting income tax in India by requiring businesses making payments in India to remit a portion of that payment directly to the Indian government. A law adopted in March 2020 requires foreign e-commerce operators, like Upwork, to begin collecting TDS on payments to service providers in India starting October 1, 2020. The amount of tax withheld is matched to the service provider by using their Permanent Account Number (PAN) or the Aadhaar number. You can find more information about the TDS charge in this Help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipul,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I checked and can confirm the pending charge you're seeing is related to the withholding tax discussed in this thread.

Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is a means of collecting income tax in India by requiring businesses making payments in India to remit a portion of that payment directly to the Indian government. A law adopted in March 2020 requires foreign e-commerce operators, like Upwork, to begin collecting TDS on payments to service providers in India starting October 1, 2020. The amount of tax withheld is matched to the service provider by using their Permanent Account Number (PAN) or the Aadhaar number. You can find more information about the TDS charge in this Help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

So does that mean we are charged whatever that amount is displayed in red?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members