cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reputation status after leaving agency?

Dusko S Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
1 of 14

I'm currently a member of agency at Upwork, would i lose reputation and top rated badge if i leave that agency?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 14

@Dusko S wrote:

I'm currently a member of agency at Upwork, would i lose reputation and top rated badge if i leave that agency?

You would certainly lose "top rated" status as you don't qualify for a JSS, let alone top rated status from your individual profile.

You've not got a single feedback or completed contract.

In fact I think it is outrageous that agency freelancers just inherit their agency's badge, without any sign that it was not earned.

It is a smack in the face for those of us who worked our backsides off for months or years to get and keep top rated status and the badge.

This widget could not be displayed.
3 of 14
This widget could not be displayed.

Is this a bug, a mistake or an intention that freelancers who join a top-rated agency are top-rated at once without having completed one single job?

Community Guru
4 of 14

@Margarete M wrote:

Is this a bug, a mistake or an intention that freelancers who join a top-rated agency are top-rated at once without having completed one single job?

bug.jpg

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 14

Dusko,

Jobs you completed while being a member of the agency will still continue to show in your Work History if you leave the agency.

Petra and Margarete,

Agency JSS includes all contracts completed by all agency freelancers. Only the agency owner and all exclusive agency freelancers who have completed enough contracts to qualify for a JSS should see their agency score listed on their profile.  I am checking with the team about this Dusko's profile and why JSS is showing.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
6 of 14

@Valeria K wrote:

Petra and Margarete,

Agency JSS includes all contracts completed by all agency freelancers. Only the agency owner and all exclusive agency freelancers who have completed enough contracts to qualify for a JSS should see their agency score listed on their profile.  I am checking with the team about this Dusko's profile and why JSS is showing.

There are literally ENDLESS agency freelancers with a top rated badge who haven't done a single contract.

If that is not how it is supposed to be it's been like this for a long time.

Even if the above is the way the system is supposed to work, I can not even begin to comprehend why all exclusive freelancers in an agency should have the average score of the agency instead of their own JSS, or maybe their own AND the agency's.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 14

It's also misleading - it looks exactly like he has 98% JSS, and the JSS tooltip also says "The percentage of this freelancer's jobs that resulted in a great client experience" (emphasis mine):

agency.PNG

You can't even see the agency until you scroll way down. I didn't really think about how this worked, because I don't usually use agencies, but that's certainly misleading. Even if an agency member is qualified for JSS, if it's showing the *agency's* JSS then the tooltip should be changed.

Yet another reason for me to add to my list of why I don't hire agencies...

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 14

Commercial farming....

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
9 of 14

OK, this hasn't been changed at all as evidenced by one glance at the OP's profile.

People associated (exclusively) with an agency are Top Rated if the agency is - even though they might not have completed a single contract. And then there are providers frantically trying to understand how to hold on to their TR status because of their declining JSS.

Um, I am talking about people that have a JSS because they ACTUALLY WORK and get feedback.

Since Upwork is taking a long hard look at the way it awards Rising Talent status, this needs to go on the list as well.

Stat.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
10 of 14

I am just putting this out there (and can provide mods with proof).

It looks like exclusive agency contractors share the agency status as long as they have at least one active contract. 

It might just have become harder to get that Rising Talent badge - but if you pick an agency with a really good standing, newbies with 0 completed jobs can take the shortcut to becoming Top Rated instead. 

Or at least benefit from the agency's 100% JSS.

I just looked at one member (of a TR agency with 100% JSS) with a total of 7 jobs:

3 x no feedback (one too old to count)

2 x 5 star

1 x 4.7 stars

1 x 3.7 stars (most recent)

That doesn't scream perfect JSS, does it? Yet, it says 100% on their profile.

P.S. I am not posting this to spread negativity - I am posting this because it needs to be looked into & changed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS