🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Request for input on how to highlight my ...
Page options
jonathanlevey
Community Member

Request for input on how to highlight my true areas of expertise and specialization

I would welcome  constructive  feedback on how to set up my relatively new Upwork profile in ways that will attact potential cleints to engage my services as a Consultant for mid-executive level job seekers  --more specifically as a Coach for: LinkedIn Optimization, Job Search and Intereview Prep.

I have completed one contract, to date, and it was very successful (the client will be posting a positive review shortly).

Unfortunately, unless I am missing something, the ability for me to select specific categories that truly corresond to the "main services" that I offer, seem very limted.

Although we can select up to ten categories, and under the Accopunting & Consulting category, I was able to choose "Human Resources" and "Management Consulting," (which seem "somewhat" appropriate), all of the remaining categories to choose from seem to be way outside of my areas of expertise. Instead, they are restricted to the following categories:
Admin. Support, Customer Service, Data Science and Analytics, Design & Creative, Engineering & Architecture, IT & Networking, Legal, Sales & Marketing, Translation, Web-Mobile & Software Development, and Writing.

I wish I could find a categories that correspond to the main services that I offer:
Career Coaching, LinkedIn Optimization, Interview Prep Coaching, etc.  --perhaps they "should" appear under the Accounting & Consulting heading... but, currently, they are not there.

I am glad to say that I WAS at least able to establish one relevant Specialized Profile, "Career Counselling."  I am having trouble choosing which of the following areas of specilizaton I should pick to highlight my otehr skills, as these remaining areas all seem equally important: LinkedIn Optimization, Job Search Coaching, Interview Prep Coaching). Should any fellow memebers have suggestions in this regard, and/or insights, kkindly share them,

Finally, any further construcutive feedback that fellow members might have to help me make my current Profile even more effective would also be timely and meaningful.

With appreiation,

Jonathan

Jonathan Levey
4 REPLIES 4
jonathanlevey
Community Member

Although I am not a Recuriter, per se, I have indeed worked in the field of Recruiting.
Perhaps it would be appropriate (and generate more interest from potential cleints) if I were to choose Recruitment as my 2nd Specialized Profile?

After all, LinkedIn Optimization, Job Search, and Interview Prep Coaching are alll related to the field fo Recruitment.

Not sure if this is the rigiht approach, however.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Jonathan Levey

Since i have not (yet) received input on how I might proceed to highlight my other areas of specialization (other than Career Cousnelling), I have gone ahead and created a 2nd specialization under the heading "Recruitment."

It would be both timely and very beneficial, if there are fellow Upwork Freelancers out there that could take a ook at the way I have set this 2nd (Recruitment) specialization up --including the content, then let me know your impressions, as if you were a prospective client, as well as any comments, suggestions or insights that you might have to offer.

With appreciation,

Jonathan

Jonathan Levey

Jonathan L wrote:

Since i have not (yet) received input on how I might proceed to highlight my other areas of specialization (other than Career Cousnelling), I have gone ahead and created a 2nd specialization under the heading "Recruitment."

It would be both timely and very beneficial, if there are fellow Upwork Freelancers out there that could take a ook at the way I have set this 2nd (Recruitment) specialization up --including the content, then let me know your impressions, as if you were a prospective client, as well as any comments, suggestions or insights that you might have to offer.

With appreciation,

Jonathan

I have given you a lot of helpful advice, but any more you will have to hire me. (at your hourly rate).

Thanks again, Martina.
Your input, indeed, has been greatly appreciated.
Jonathan Levey
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members