🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Request to Close Completed Job on Upwork: Con...
Page options
e27ba49f
Community Member

Request to Close Completed Job on Upwork: Concerns About JSS Impact

Hello Upwork Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request your assistance in closing a job that I completed almost four months ago. I completed the job before the deadline and delivered high-quality work that satisfied the client's requirements. However, the client has not closed the job yet, and I am concerned that it may affect my Job Success Score (JSS).

I have tried reaching out to the client multiple times to remind them to close the job, but I have not received any response. I believe that the client may not be available online or may have forgotten to close the job.

Therefore, I kindly request your assistance in closing the job as soon as possible. I am confident that my work was of high quality, and the client was satisfied with it. I am concerned that this open job may negatively impact my JSS, and I would like to avoid any potential negative consequences.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hello Mohammad,

You can end your contracts by going to the My Jobs page, clicking on the name of the contract you wish to close, and then clicking on "end contract" from the three dots that appear on the right-hand side. 

Regarding your JSS concern, note that contracts without feedback no longer affect your score. So if your client doesn't provide feedback after you close your contract, it won't have an impact on your score. However, if your client does provide feedback within 14 days of you closing the contract, it may count towards your JSS. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hello Mohammad,

You can end your contracts by going to the My Jobs page, clicking on the name of the contract you wish to close, and then clicking on "end contract" from the three dots that appear on the right-hand side. 

Regarding your JSS concern, note that contracts without feedback no longer affect your score. So if your client doesn't provide feedback after you close your contract, it won't have an impact on your score. However, if your client does provide feedback within 14 days of you closing the contract, it may count towards your JSS. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
christopherbudde
Community Member

Having open hourly jobs is a good thing. It's easy for the client to come back for more projects. I have about 50 open of which 5 or so routinely come and go. It's how some of us were able to get to 10K and 5% fees but that's going away now.

tlsanders
Community Member

Open jobs won't hurt your JSS.

Closing the contract yourself won't hurt your JSS. 

Continuing to harass the client may hurt your JSS, since they may become very annoyed with you and rate you accordingly.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths