🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Request to Review Account Suspension.
Page options
adnanshakar
Community Member

Request to Review Account Suspension.

Hi,

I hope every one is doing good.

I wanted to request the relevant people at Upwork to kindly review the account of a friend. His account is suspended at the moment and he can't post or message in the community discussions.

His profile was verified about a year or 2 ago, however, the profile has now been suspended.

He has been working on the platform for over 7 years, since 2012, when it was still Elance. His job success score is at 97% even after over 7 years of working. Client recommendation of 95% and long-term clientele at 58%. There are no disputes or Flags/Red Flags either on the profile.

Kindly let me know if you need the account information and I shall send you the details accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Adnan Shakar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Adnan, 

You can send the account information to me through a private message so that I can look into this. Please know that I will not be able to come back to you with an update, or more information about this user's case to comply with our privacy policy.

I'll wait for your message. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Would it not make sense for your friend to contact upwork directly? Surely there must be a reason for the suspension and i can only imagine that upwork would have communicated this somehow with your friend?

He has been trying to contact Upwork support via the email, but there is no response.

The ticket he opens, is marked as closed without a reply.

The email received regarding the suspension say Account suspended due to violation of ToS; which term, what violation is not stated.
All of the above is what he has told me.

My only intention to raise his issue is to make an effort to get some one from Upwork in touch with him.

petra_r
Community Member

Adnan, Upwork will not communicate with you regarding your friend's account.

Your friend needs to resolve via whatever communication he was sent informing him of his suspension.

Resolving the matter directly with upwork is what should be happening.

However, if the party you are contacting is not replying nor willing to discuss the situation or not willing to provide any further information; what do you do ?

The intention here is to try and help someone who has invested 7 years on the platform and has a history to prove his sincerity to the platform.

Hi Adnan,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's account status. Unfortunately, I'm unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. Please let your friend know to reach out to us so that we can assist them further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,
Sure, I will advise him of doing so.

Can you please advise the best method for him to get in touch; he can login to his profile but cannot post on community page.

Your help in this regard is much appreciated.

I can provide you with his account id and the email associated with it, if that can be of any help.

Hi Adnan, 

You can send the account information to me through a private message so that I can look into this. Please know that I will not be able to come back to you with an update, or more information about this user's case to comply with our privacy policy.

I'll wait for your message. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks.

I have sent you the details.

Hi Bojan, My account was also suspended and I have no idea how. I can't reach anyone from support team and Upwork didn't notify me at all (I already checked my notifications).

kindly help me to recover the account

Regards,

Muhammad Awais

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Adnan S wrote:

However, if the party you are contacting is not replying nor willing to discuss the situation or not willing to provide any further information; what do you do ?

Hard as it is, if they are not willing to discuss it, he'll just have to accept it.

Looks like it.. not much can be done if Support people are not willing to respond.

However, its a shame;spending so much time and energy developing a profile and then losing it all without getting a precise reason and given no chance to discuss the issue if there is any.

Developing a decent profile with reasonable work comming in, takes a lot of time, patience and effort, and when you think, you have developed a decent income stream and can relax a bit and focus on retaining clients; and the profile gets suspended.

Anyway, thank you for your response and time.. seems like what you have said maybe the fate for a dear friend.

joansands
Community Member

Adnan - Your friend has been working on Elance and Upwork for seven years but his profile was just verified about a year or two ago?

Joan S wrote:

Adnan - Your friend has been working on Elance and Upwork for seven years but his profile was just verified about a year or two ago?

So?

Account verification is a relatively new thing

I am not sure if ID verification was a thing back in Elance time.. if it was, his id must have been verified then as well.

The last verification before suspension was done a year or two ago; sorry for not being clear with the post initially.

Joan, I'd been here for about 2.5 years and earned well over $150k before I was asked to verify.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members