cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to guide me about work

yawar-nawaz
Active
Actully i dont have access of Voip tell me what should i do.

And can i use skype.??
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Guru

Yawar,

Skype is a type of VOIP.

VOIP means "Voice over IP", and refers to making audio calls ("phone" calls) using the computers and the Internet.

Skype allows you to make audio-only calls, or video calls if you have the hardware (video camera) and bandwidth to support it.

Generally speaking, nobody on Upwork refer to "Voip" or "VOIP." Most people simply refer to "Skype" or they communicate via regular phones, email, or Upwork Messaging.

Never use Yahoo Instant Messaging because the only clients who use that are scammers.

Do you need access to a dedicated VOIP system in order to use Upwork?

No.

Can you use Skype?

Yes.

Don't include Skype IDs on your profile, but you are pretty much welcome to use Skype any time you want to.

Do you need to use Skype?

No.

Do you need to have a phone?

No.

Is it possible to use Upwork successfully using only Upwork messaging, with no Skype, no phone, not even email?

Actually: Yes.

I earn a lot of money working for clients who I only contact with Upwork messaging.

There are many different communication protocols Upwork users use, and there are many different tastes and preferences, and that's fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Guru

Yawar,

Skype is a type of VOIP.

VOIP means "Voice over IP", and refers to making audio calls ("phone" calls) using the computers and the Internet.

Skype allows you to make audio-only calls, or video calls if you have the hardware (video camera) and bandwidth to support it.

Generally speaking, nobody on Upwork refer to "Voip" or "VOIP." Most people simply refer to "Skype" or they communicate via regular phones, email, or Upwork Messaging.

Never use Yahoo Instant Messaging because the only clients who use that are scammers.

Do you need access to a dedicated VOIP system in order to use Upwork?

No.

Can you use Skype?

Yes.

Don't include Skype IDs on your profile, but you are pretty much welcome to use Skype any time you want to.

Do you need to use Skype?

No.

Do you need to have a phone?

No.

Is it possible to use Upwork successfully using only Upwork messaging, with no Skype, no phone, not even email?

Actually: Yes.

I earn a lot of money working for clients who I only contact with Upwork messaging.

There are many different communication protocols Upwork users use, and there are many different tastes and preferences, and that's fine.

View solution in original post

yawar-nawaz
Active
If i don't have skype credet and can't call on any number then what should i do.?

Yawar, just use email and/or Upwork messaging for your jobs.

Many jobs are available which require neither phone nor Skype, including most of the jobs I do.

If you do not have certain tools then you may choose to:

a) apply to jobs which do not require the use of those tools

or

b) obtain those tools

Also: you do not need Skype credits to do a Skype-to-Skype call. 

Upwork contractors and clients very rarely use Skype credits in order to converse.

The key elements you lack In order to succeed as a contractor here are actually not technological in nature.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS