🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Request to manually correct beneficiary name ...
Page options
abdullah-pk85
Community Member

Request to manually correct beneficiary name of bank account conflict issue

Hi,

I have a single name (Abdullah) in all of my official documents, including my passport and my National Identity card. When I created a local bank account, I supplied all the required documentation proving my identity and having a single name. In mandatory "Firstname Lastname" cases, either "Mr Abdullah", "Abdullah Abdullah" or "Mister Abdullah" is used.

On online sites and such platforms, where the two names are mandatory, I use "Mr. Abdullah". Upword shows "Mr. Abdullah" as my name.

Now, adding the bank account in Upwork, I am faced with the issue "The beneficiary name is mismatched" due to the above naming difference. I have already uploaded my passport copy that has my name as Abdullah and I can supply additional (my NIC) documentation for further verification. My Microsoft Certification has also "Mister Abdullah" as the name.

Can you please resolve this issue? Let me know if you require any additional verification from my end.

Note that I could not find another way to contact support so I am creating a Topic on Community.

Thank you,

Abdullah

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

Please allow more time for our team to review your account information and they will notify you if further information is needed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

Please allow more time for our team to review your account information and they will notify you if further information is needed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar, I will wait for further information/confirmation from your end. Don't hesitate to contact me if any documentation is required.

Thanks,

Abdullah

Hi there,

I am also facing the same issue. In all my documents I have a single name MOHADDIS but in Upwork the second name is to be put mandatorily. So, I put my full name as MOHADDIS KAIFY but it rose a mismatch to my Upwork account name & the name in Bank account.

Kindly help meto resolve this issue so that I can earn and withdraw money from Upwork.

I will be very much thankful to you.

Best regards,

Mohaddis.

Hi Mohaddis,

As you have only one name, you can go to Settings > Contact Info and submit a name change request. You can add your name in both the 'First name' and 'Last name' fields so the system would know you as 'Mohaddis Mohaddis'. If you still get a name mismatch error after, please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths