🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Requested Feature: Close Out Jobs Without Req...
Page options
dcomwriter
Community Member

Requested Feature: Close Out Jobs Without Requiring Feedback

I know this has been suggested many times before, but I think it bears repeating: feedback should not be required when ending a contract. I have a couple of jobs that have been open for a year, and I would like to close them. I do not wish to leave client feedback. These clients were fine, but I have nothing overly positive or negative to say about them and do not wish to evaluate them in stars or words. This should be my choice as a freelancer. This should also be the client's choice as an employer.

Feedback--ratings and comments--should be a choice, not a command. Give freelancers and clients the choice to provide or not provide feedback, just like EVERY site that publishes reviews.

If there is a specific path to submit feature requests or changes, please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

You can leave it opened.

To be honest I don't understand why you want it. If you don't want to offend the freelancer then leave him 5 and forgot. Also you can ask freelancer to close contract himself. Then you don't need leave feedback.

Thank you for your response. I am a freelancer, not a client. The issue
here is having the choice not to leave ANY ratings: NOT stars and NOT
comments. Frankly, I don't understand, the point of leaving five stars and
saying someone is superlative when they are merely OK. This applies to both
clients and freelancers. Moreover, I don't want to ding anyone just because
I think they are just OK. I believe this is an issue for a lot of people.

Got it. Sorry, saw same topic at clients forum, so messed. But dont matter at all.

Rules exists. Some freelancers, for example, not agree to provide photo. All them going to other platfom if this critical.

In your case you can ask client to end contract. Then your feedback not required and contract will be closed.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The feedback system is designed to help make clients AND freelancers informed decisions if they want to work with each other. Is it perfect? No. Is it necessary? Yes. Should it stay the way it is? Yes. 

Respectfully, I disagree. Do you think Amazon should force buyers to rate products? And yet, people still do provide reviews. Usually, if a buyer is very pleased or very disappointed, they will offer comments. Both clients and freelancers should be strongly encouraged to leave feedback, especially if they have had a positive experience, but I don't think they should be required to do so. After all, my doctors' offices (vet, primary care, dentist, etc.) ask me for feedback, but they don't require me to provide it, and they remain in business and continue to get new patients.

I understand that ratings are useful, I just don't believe they should be mandatory in order to close out a contract.

Thank you for your response.

pudingstudio
Community Member

When looking at a clients history, I find it very useful to see feedback they got from freelancers.

I believe it should be a must. Otherwise, most people wouldn't leave any feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths