🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Require Upwork Support to contact client on b...
Page options
krissun
Community Member

Require Upwork Support to contact client on behalf of me

I need Upwork Support to help me look through #31471719.

this contract was suspended by my client and partial payment was refunded. 

but i keep contacting him for already half of the month, and he keeps confirming to me that he will clear the payment via PayPal. but he does not take any further action. 

is that possible, somebody from Upwork Support to contact him on behalf of me. 

even i can not get paid, i still prefer to report his behaviour with low credit and dodgy. 

Thank you, 

Yue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Yue Qi S wrote:

That sounds like the contract was suspended by Upwork because the client didn't pay Upwork. Clients can't suspend contracts.

The client didn't pay for your hours and you hadn't tracked your hours properly in accordance to the terms of the payment protection.

Yue Qi S wrote:

but i keep contacting him for already half of the month, and he keeps confirming to me that he will clear the payment via PayPal.

What do you mean? The client can only pay you via Upwork. If you accept payment via PayPal you'll get suspended as well.

Yue Qi S wrote:

even i can not get paid, i still prefer to report his behaviour with low credit and dodgy. 

No need. Upwork know and have already suspended the client's account.

Yue Qi S wrote:

There is really no point. Upwork are already trying to get their money from the client. You are trying to get your money from the client. The client is ignoring all that, so one more email would make no difference.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Yue Qi S wrote:

That sounds like the contract was suspended by Upwork because the client didn't pay Upwork. Clients can't suspend contracts.

The client didn't pay for your hours and you hadn't tracked your hours properly in accordance to the terms of the payment protection.

Yue Qi S wrote:

but i keep contacting him for already half of the month, and he keeps confirming to me that he will clear the payment via PayPal.

What do you mean? The client can only pay you via Upwork. If you accept payment via PayPal you'll get suspended as well.

Yue Qi S wrote:

No need. Upwork know and have already suspended the client's account.

Yue Qi S wrote:

There is really no point. Upwork are already trying to get their money from the client. You are trying to get your money from the client. The client is ignoring all that, so one more email would make no difference.

krissun
Community Member

Thank you so much.

krissun
Community Member

Hello Petra, thank you for your detailed comments. i am still new on Upwork. Now i get a bit more clear picture on the whole story. 

I will keep contacting this client to clear the balance on Upwork.

Thank you, 

Yue

PradeepH

Hello Yue,

Please note that requesting or offering to get paid directly outside of Upwork is considered a serious violation of our TOS. As per the support ticket mentioned by you, you have been advised to request a bonus payment from the client on your Upwork contract and if you do not get a response from the client, you can click here to create a ticket to request Customer Support to contact the client on your behalf.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
krissun
Community Member

Hello Pradeep, thank you for your advice. actually, I tried several times to click "here" trying to request customer support to contact this client on my behalf, but it is very strange that the page after i click "here" is not coming through.  i am using Chrome and enable all cookies but still does not work. maybe it is the issue i base in China. 

Anyway, still thank you for your good advice. 

Yue

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths