🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Required help
Page options
1a0b9c46
Community Member

Required help

Hello,

I just got my first project on Upwork and completed it successfully. It was an hard project so after completion my client claims that you overcharged me and give some amount back to me. I was denied because before starting the project in ask the client about any charges than he said me no any charges or fee is not allowed. So as a result, i dont received payment because after submit the project he tell me about charges which i can not afford.

As I mentioned above this was my first project so what should I do now. No one will give me a project when he sees No star on my profile. Should I stop my Upwork career? I am very disappointed. I also reach out to the Upwork support but no respone. 

Please advice

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Jawad,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this matter to our attention. We take great measures to keep our global marketplace safe, and we’re committed to doing our best to prevent or address suspicious activity.

As a gentle reminder, Users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork’s Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

Unfortunately, since there's no contract created on Upwork, this doesn’t fall under Payment Protection, and we will not be able to help you chase after the client to pay for the work they submitted. I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for further review and action if necessary. Please don't hesitate to check this help article to be more acquainted with how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
renata101
Community Member

Jawad, 

This is a scam. You don't have a contract because you were never hired. This will not affect your ratings because there was never a job and the person who claims to be your client can't leave a rating.  

You should never pay anyone a fee to be paid. 

Jawad, this platform is not a game. I'm sorry that you were scammed, but hopefully the only thing you lost was your time. You should have done some basic research before you did anything on the platform to learn how things work. 

Please read this to understand how to avoid common scams.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Please also do some research about the Terms of Service and the rules you need to follow to do jobs on Upwork. Read about fix-rate and hourly contracts. If you have any questions, use the search to look for answers on the forum. If you can't find answers to your questions, post them. But don't do anything until you've done some basic homework about how Upwork works. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members