🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need to resend a testimonial
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

My client lost the first link and I need to send him another link. What can I do?

Hi Anthony,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
33ee916a
Community Member

I'm also having the same issue. My client lost his email requesting the testimonial and needs another one. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
al_mamunkhan
Community Member

I have submitted my testimonial request, but my client didn't understand how can she respond to it.

Hi AL Mamun,

Your client should click on the green button in the email request she received, from there on she will be taken to a submission form for her to fill out and to be able to leave a testimonial for you. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

She didn't receive any email yet.

Hi AL Mamun,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
maarij-ahmed
Community Member

Hi,

I asked one of my upwork clients for a testimonal and responded to it did everything right But The response is not updating on my profile any solution???

Hi Maarij,

Please allow up to 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

That's because the testimonial thing basically doesn't work. Upwork hardly
approves testimonials from clients outside Upwork. And their reason is not
clear. They'll say it's because they can't verify the client's information.
What makes a client genuine? What criteria is Upwork using to ascertain
that we didn't use real clients?

Hi Leo,

We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Well your tools and systems are faulty. My clients have valid LinkedIn
accounts but you failed to verify their testimonials. They even showed me
the mails you sent them, even mails suggesting to them to hire on Upwork.
You do not have to share your process with us. But at least let us in on
the extra criteria you are using to disqualify our clients. As in my case,
my clients are real and are on LinkedIn. So why are they not approved?

Hi Leo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your testimonial. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
daniellalee
Community Member

Hi there,

I have a number of clients that would like to leave a testimonial for me, however they do not have LinkedIn. Is there anyway around this?

Many thanks,

Dani

Daniella L wrote:
they do not have LinkedIn. Is there anyway around this?

Unfortunately there isn't

mdarafatkarim
Community Member

Dear Sir,

I requested few of my clients to give testimonial for showcase in upwork. I sent them the request and they filled that also(they confirmed me). But till now( two days gone) no testimonial shows in my profile.  Here one thing more, I requested total 4 of my clients to endorse me but three of them filled that but in my upwork profile it shows only two request. And one of client didn't receive endorse mail till now.

Please give me the ans to relief my tension.

Regards, 

Arafat 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Arafat,

Please allow for some time so that your profile is updated accordingly. Once your milestone is approved the funds will become available on your account after our 5 days security period is finished. To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview. Thank you.

Hi MD Arafat,

While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the requests that clients did not receive? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
emmarkovska
Community Member

I asked one of my clients on Upwork for a testimonial and they gave me one, but it isn't updating on my profile. What should I do?

[deleted]

Hi Emilija,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My client did not receive my testimonial request. I send a request to my 2 clients but they both didn't receive it.

Hi Angeneil,

Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I would like to take a testimonial from my local client but last time my client's 1st name was not right and Upwork not successful to verified. Now that I have Correction that name the Upwork is no longer accepting it. I would like to take a testimonial from this man, What do I do now?

Hi Ashraful,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Ashraful,

Thanks for waiting patiently. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Angeneil,

Thank you for your patience. I checked with our team and your clients should be able to see testimonial request on their emails. If the request is not in their inbox, kindly ask them to try checking their spam folder.

Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mgeyer20
Community Member

I just sent a testimonial request and I need to cancel it because I was filling it out when I was very tired and typed my own name into the form instead of my client's name.

Hi Micailyn,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the concern you are having. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
muntahamemon
Community Member

Hi,

I have sent a testimonial request to my client a week ago and still, it's waiting. And my client didn't receive any requests. How long each request should be in “Pending”? Does it mean being rejected? Thank you!

Hi Mantaha,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you sent the testimonial request to? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
forthwind
Community Member

Hi there, i just want to ask how i can complete the request because im stuck at the linkedin profile link. I pasted my clients linkedin profile and upwork doesn't accept it by marking the field red. Thank you in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randy, 

Could you please clarify what the error is on your end? Please share a screenshot of the error, making sure to blackout any private information so that our team can investigate this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
santensai
Community Member

Hello! I have the same problem with requesting a testimonial, I pasted a Linkedin link of my employer, and it did not work! This link is not broken and there's no 404 err, or something, but this form can not be sent! How can I fix it? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ekaterina, 

Was there any specific error on your when this issue happened? Could you also please try if clearing your cookies or using a different browser will resolve the issue?

~ Avery
Upwork
chenszuyu
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem with requesting a testimonial. Trying with Chrome and Safari, I copied and pasted a Linkedin profile link of my client, but it is presented in red which i would not submit. Could you help me to solve it? Thanks in advance.

Hi Szuyu,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue. Could you please send me a private message with more information on this along with the link you are trying to submit so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. The same issue is happening for me. No matter what I do, the linkedin profile box remains red and I cannot proceed.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ali,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies and also don't forget to add your client business email address before submitting the request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths