🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Name Change Indefinitely Pending
Page options
9fec744f
Community Member

Resolved: Name Change Indefinitely Pending

Issue solved. Originally, my name would never update to its current version. By getting into contact with a representative, this was resolved. See solution below.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting your name changed. I followed up with the team and your name change has been approved. Let us know if you need further assistance with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
m_terrazas
Community Member

Dart F wrote:

Over the past few weeks, I have tried repeatedly to change my name from Dart Filat to Michael Jones. Upwork took my name from my Gmail, which was not using my real name.

My name change is never processed.

This means I can't set up payment information, which means I can't get hired, which means I can't get a portfolio or resume or hired or accept recommendations.

I have done multiple requests and waited for weeks without confirmation or approval.

I would like a response to my request if that's possible. If not, I would appreciate elucidation on what the error is.

Thank you!

How is that? How is Upwork going to take your name from your gmail address?
The name that appears in the profile is the one you have written. So...

Edited because I didn't know Google could be used to sign up.
I hope they fix it soon Michael.

Maria T wrote:

. Upwork took my name from my Gmail,

No, not if he signed up using Google. If he signed up via Google, it auto-populates the details from Google.

Petra R wrote:

Maria T wrote:

. Upwork took my name from my Gmail,

No, not if he signed up using Google. If he signed up via Google, it auto-populates the details from Google.

I had no idea that you could sign up through Google. One thing is learned every day.

Thanks for the information Petra.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. It looks like your name change request is currently under review. Your request will be processed within 48 hours. Our team will reach out to you directly if then need any additional information. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9fec744f
Community Member

Hi, Bojan.

It's been significantly longer than 48 hours, and my name remains unchanged. I have received no communication on this matter from Upwork, or anyone else.

Is it possible to make sure my request reaches the desk of the appropriate approval team?

Thanks!

-Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting your name changed. I followed up with the team and your name change has been approved. Let us know if you need further assistance with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members