cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Resubmit profile'

gaba276
Gabriela L Member Since: Feb 24, 2016
1 of 4

Hi! A friend is having trouble signing up. He's submitted his profile twice and has been rejected, being told, 'We've reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn't have opportunities for your area of expertise.' He is a translator and a ghostwriter with cryptocurrency experience and I find that reply quite intriguing. Could someone please help us out?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 4

Hi Gabriela,

I`m sorry to hear that your friend registration was not accepted.  Unfortunately, we won't be able to comment on your friend's profile status specifically, please refer them to the notification they received from Upwork. Generally, only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
gaba276
Gabriela L Member Since: Feb 24, 2016
3 of 4

Hello Bojan and thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I will deliver your message to my friend.

Of course, this roots in my subjectivity, but I really can't understand how someone who actually is qualified could get rejected (and on what basis) while the system somehow manages to allow 'spam' profiles.

Anyway, thank you for your reply and I do hope this will get sorted out one way or another.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@Gabriela L wrote:

Hello Bojan and thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I will deliver your message to my friend.

Of course, this roots in my subjectivity, but I really can't understand how someone who actually is qualified could get rejected (and on what basis) while the system somehow manages to allow 'spam' profiles.

Anyway, thank you for your reply and I do hope this will get sorted out one way or another.

Upwork has significantly more freelancers than it needs in most categories.

Every day, over 10,000  hopeful newbies want to join

98% of those, according to Upwork's CEO, are rejected.

Of the 2% that are not rejected, the majority never get hired.

Tell your friend to try a different platform.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS