cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resume Update

Rubena D Member Since: Mar 19, 2017
1 of 16

HI! I'd really like to update my resume, meaning change  my previous resume which I know is being automatically submitted to the client upon application. I have made improvements and of course updates regarding my resume and I'd like to be able to do that on Upwork . However, I do not find anything or any link enabling me to do this. Is it possible for me to do that? Thanks!

Rubie

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 16

Hi Rubie,

The only option to update the proposal you've submitted is by withdrawing it and resubmitting the updated version.

Joongnam Y Member Since: Aug 19, 2018
3 of 16

I still can't update my resume.

You suggested "withdrawing the resume and resubmitting it", but I don't know where to do it. There is no place that I know of that lists my resume.

Please help.

Regards,

Joongnam Yang 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 16

HI Joongnam, 

You should be able to withdraw your proposal by goingo to your Proposals page (Find Work > Proposals), and clicking on the specific proposal you want to withdraw. The proposal will have a "Withdraw proposal" button and you should be able to withdraw your proposal from there. 

-Avery
Untitled
Joongnam Y Member Since: Aug 19, 2018
5 of 16
Sorry, that's NOT what I am asking about.
Upwork automatically attaches "my resume" for each submission of a proposal.
My question is how to update that "my resume"?
I mean, the resume that I've submitted when I was registered at
Upwork!!!!!!!
How can I update it?

Best regards,
Joongnam Yang
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 16

Hi Joongnam, 

Are you referring to your profile page? You should be able to access it by clicking on the "View your profile" button on the Find Work page. It should be on the right-hand side of your screen. You should be able to edit and update your profile once you have accessed it. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 2.14.28 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 16

We call it a profile page, or profile. We do not call it a resume or résumé.

And Upwork does not attach it to our job proposals. But when we submit proposals, the clients receive those proposals along with a LINK to our profile pages.

We can edit our profile pages at any time.

If we submit a proposal, and then we edit our profile page, then the client will only see the latest version of our profile page.

Maureen M Member Since: Apr 26, 2019
8 of 16

I was under the impression our resume's were attached to the proposals as well and I would like to update my resume as well. Has anyone found a work around to this yet?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 16

Maureen M wrote:

I was under the impression our resume's were attached to the proposals as well and I would like to update my resume as well. Has anyone found a work around to this yet?

No resume is attached to any proposal. There is no such thing as a resume.

You have a profile, which you can edit as described above.

Then there is the cover letter you send with a proposal, which you can not edit, if you need to edit the proposal letter, you have to withdraw the proposal and reapply.

But there is no such thing as a resume that is sent with the proposal.

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
10 of 16

Hi Maureen, 

Are you referring to your profile overview? Your overview sets the tone for your profile by showing off your personality and giving clients a reason to read more about your skills and experience. Please be aware that Upwork doesn't attach resume on proposals unless you add it yourself, though it's not recommended since you already have your profile. Please see Avery's response below. 

Hi Joongnam, 

Are you referring to your profile page? You should be able to access it by clicking on the "View your profile" button on the Find Work page. It should be on the right-hand side of your screen. You should be able to edit and update your profile once you have accessed it. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 2.14.28 PM.png

-Avery
~ Riri
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS